IT.COM

How do you create a crisp, sharp icon?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Im creating a Cd presentation with flash, and i want to place an icon on the CD that the user can click on to run the CD. I found an image I want to use & when I converted it to an icon (imagename.ico) it didnt look that clear, it was a bit blurry. Ive seen other cd's with small thumbnail icons that look quite clear. Is it possible for me to make a crisp, clear icon. If you want to see the jpg that I want to convert to an icon you can download it at: http://uniteddistributorscanada.hypermart.net/

If some one could show me or point me to a tutorial on how to achive this effect I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ahem...icons are not supoused to have hi res most colours used in an icon is usually 256.....not 16 million :)....so it will be blury....here i made one for you try this one...to amke it work jsut change teh extension to .ico ..i had to change it to bmp because i couldn't upload it oterh way ...hope it works

•••
Hi, Thanks for the help. Unfoirtunately when I clicked on the link your I got this response: "This is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported." could you possibly email me that image? My email is [email protected]

Thanks again for the help.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back