Domain Empire

How do you edit an ASP file?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, I recently began working with an application that uses ASP pages.

I have no idea how I can edit them, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Gurn!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just open them in Notepad - nothing special about them other than the code they contain.

•••
Just be warned that if you aren't experience enough to know that asp pages can be edited with any normal text editor (notepad, etc), you probably don't have the skills to edit asp pages, no offense intended. this is of course assuming that the pages are dynamically created, because actual ASP code has a high learning curve and even the slightest error in the code can break the entire page. so unless you know what you're doing (or if they're just standard html code in .asp file extensions), i strongly advise not messing with them and find somebody well versed with it to make the changes you need.

•••
Thank you everyone for your opinion and suggestions

I appreciate it.

•••
You can use a code editor, there are several ones which are free. Examples: HTMLkit, Notepad++

•••
•••
Or Notepad2 for real zing.

•••
use editplus .. even the trial gives a pop-up but works always withany limitation
have been using it for 8 years,,, find it easy , very easy.

replace all works faster then any other

tags highlighted well

•••
•••
you can use editplus,dreamweaver,notepad to edit the files.make sure you have configured the webserver.

•••
•••
Textpad 4.7.3 is what i currently use.

The best program ever made for writing HTML/ASP/PHP/JAVA.. any code IMO.

•••
vim ;)... lets play name the raw text editor

•••
robputt796 said:
vim ;)... lets play name the raw text editor
Heathen. Emacs is the One True Editor.

Anyway, I think this thread has got a little silly and pointless :p

•••
Excuse me, but real programmers use butterflies.

They open their hands and let the delicate wings flap once.

The disturbance ripples outward, changing the flow of the Eddy Currents in the upper atmosphere. These cause momentary pockets of higher-pressure air to form, which act as lenses that deflect incoming cosmic rays, focusing them to strike the drive platter and flip the desired bit.

http://xkcd.com/378/

:D

•••
you can use editplus,dreamweaver,notepad to edit the files.make sure you have configured the webserver.

•••
http://ASP.NET

If you plan on developing ASP.NET applications, I suggest head to ASP.NET and downloading the necessary (FREE) software like Visual Web Developer Express and maybe run IIS on your own machine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back