IT.COM

advice How do I whitelist a domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

inzo

Established Member
Impact
Hello there people,

I am trying to buy a domain, but it had a spammy past and infringed few copyrights and has been taken down for a while. The domain name is blacklisted even facebook messengers and probably will not get any Google Adsense. Apart from reselling i do develop my own websites. Now though the domain had a bad past with so many copyright take downs, if i get hold of the domain name from the buyer how would i be able to whitelist the domain? i mean get rid of those copyright infringement issues etc.

I am not talking about UDRP here. The domain im trying to buy used to have illegal mp3 and movie downloads. And that it is why it has been taken down. Any advice regarding this matter would be very helpful.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Add a trusted domain to your allowlist
  1. Sign in to your Google Admin console. ...
  2. From the Admin console Home page, go to Domains.
  3. Click Whitelisted domains.
  4. Click Add new.
  5. Enter the domain or multiple domains separated by commas. ...
  6. Click Add. ...
  7. Click Save.

•••
Add a trusted domain to your allowlist
  1. Sign in to your Google Admin console. ...
  2. From the Admin console Home page, go to Domains.
  3. Click Whitelisted domains.
  4. Click Add new.
  5. Enter the domain or multiple domains separated by commas. ...
  6. Click Add. ...
  7. Click Save.
I suppose the question wasn't understood. Its been legally down for years.
ss11.PNG

•••
I take a look for a moment in Google and i didn't see there solution. Most of articles are about taking off domains from blacklists of spam etc, not for piracy strikes. If it isn't a hot name i would not go into it.

•••
A domain's reputation is kind of like personal reputation, you can ruin it in 5 minutes and it's hard to fix it, even if you can whitelist the domain with Google I would probably build my business around a new domain.

•••
A domain's reputation is kind of like personal reputation, you can ruin it in 5 minutes and it's hard to fix it, even if you can whitelist the domain with Google I would probably build my business around a new domain.
Thats the hard part, the domain has a good name(atleast according to the regional population) and still gets huge traffic.

•••
Why spending the money to buy troubles and trying to fix it?
Trying to do the business the easy way.

•••
Not worth it. It is not just google you should be worried about. And none of the blacklisting organisations have the resource to look at every whitelist request. Blacklist is there for a reason. To warn you to not use it :)
Not to try and fix it.

There are thousands of great domains that are tainted. For every such domain you will get a clean alternative for less cost (in terms of effort and headache), so a better solution is to go for the alternative

•••
YES,cant agree more about the opinions@blogspotter
  • Once the domain name has any bad marks, it is generally not recommended to use it again

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back