Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

advice How do I get paid

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

James Shek

Established Member
Impact
0
Hi everyone. New guy here. I have been reading about the domain business for a month know if I have a choice in how I get paid.

I know about PayPal and escrow but can I use others like payoneer or skrill if I had the chance? I had bad experiences with PayPal in the past and heard escrow fees are higher.

So for a newbie, which payment method is the best and widely accepted between
1. PayPal
2. Escrow
3. Payoneer
4. Skrill

Thanks,
James.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hi and welcome to NamePros.

Paypal is the easiest but has relatively high fees (I have to pay ~10%, probably more with the recent increase). For transactions under 300 or so, escrow is too expensive. Payoneer Escrow is far more reasonable ($10 or 15 flat up for transactions of up to $500).

Payoneer is typically the most cost effective solution to receive payments but a lot of members here don't have or prefer to pay via Payoneer.

Don't have much idea about Skrill as it has some issues for my country.

Overall, my order of preference:

1. Payoneer / Payoneer Escrow (Latter for transactions above $300)
2. Epik / Sedo Escrow
3. Paypal
4. Afternic or Uniregistry or similar BIN through their marketplace.

Undeveloped also has an internal payment option (They charge 10% I think) but I've never used them so I cannot comment on the service.

Hope this helps. Happy to provide more info if you need!

Good Luck
 
2
•••
Welcome, onboard, for small amount of transaction, Paypal is one of the easisets, for big ones, Escrow is safe.
 
1
•••
I have also listed my domain on Flippa and collected fees that way if a person is interested in a domain that is not currently listed.
 
0
•••
To add, I also find paypal very sketchy and they can be intolerably at times holding funds, etc. They are known to do that.
 
1
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back