IT.COM

How do I backorder .lu domains?

NameSilo
Watch

SNJV

Established Member
Impact
Hello fellow domainers, how do I backorder .lu domain names? tried searching here on NP but couldn't really find more info regarding this specific ccTLD.

1685150379816.png

I analyzed the Caught Domains section on ExpiredDomains and found out, All the cool names were caught on one of these registrars. Gandi, OVH, or Regery, etc... but none of these registrars officially provide backorder service for this extension, so were these names caught via API using some script or software?

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It looks like domainrecover . net offers .lu backorder. I'm just going by their website. I've never used them for anything.

•••
To backorder .lu domains (domain names ending with the ".lu" extension), you can follow these general steps:

1. Identify a reputable domain backorder service: Look for a domain backorder service that supports .lu domain extensions. Several domain registrars and specialized domain backorder services offer this service. Examples include EuroDNS, Key-Systems, and Domain.com.
  2. Create an account: Sign up for an account with the selected domain backorder service. Provide the required information and complete the registration process.
  3. Search and monitor the desired domain: Use the domain backorder service's search function to check the availability of the desired .lu domain. If the domain is already registered, you can place a backorder request.
  4. Place a backorder: If the domain you want is currently registered, the domain backorder service typically allows you to place a backorder request. Provide the necessary details, including the domain name, your contact information, and any additional requirements specified by the service.
  5. Payment and monitoring: Complete the payment process for the backorder service. Once your backorder is placed, the service will monitor the domain for you. If the current owner allows the domain to expire or decides not to renew it, the backorder service will attempt to register the domain on your behalf.

•••
I don't think .lu has any big service for it. You can try hand reg or your own script.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back