IT.COM

security How Configuration Information For the World's Largest Domain Name Registrar Was Exposed Online

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Public Domain: How Configuration Information For the World's Largest Domain Name Registrar Was Exposed Online
The UpGuard Cyber Risk Team has discovered and secured a data exposure of documents appearing to describe GoDaddy infrastructure running in the Amazon AWS cloud, preventing any future exploitation of this information. The documents were left exposed in a publicly accessible Amazon S3 bucket which, according to a statement from Amazon, "was created by an AWS salesperson." GoDaddy is β€œthe world’s largest domain name registrar,” one of the largest SSL certificate providers, and as of 2018, the largest web host by market share. The exposed documents include high-level configuration information for tens of thousands of systems and pricing options for running those systems in Amazon AWS, including the discounts offered under different scenarios.
Read on

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow! Scary stuff. I'm just glad I don't use GoDaddy as my host ;)

•••
Just wondering if Godaddy could have sure issue, what of the smaller registrars?

•••
Thanks for the info OP, it is indeed scary stuff.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back