Watch

romankes

Established Member
Impact
hi
if im find some cool .uk domain and i want register and flip him
how i register?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For a .uk domain you are required to have an agent with a UK address as a representative unless of course you live in the UK. .co.uk domains have no such restriction. Anyone can register .co.uk domains

•••
When i was new, i always thought how premium domains are available in .uk extension

•••
I can not register one?

•••
I can not register one?

You can't, you need to first register .co.uk and then if you are uk citizen then u can register .uk

•••
so i need 2 same domains?
1 co.uk and after 1 same but .uk?

•••
so i need 2 same domains?
1 co.uk and after 1 same but .uk?

Man if you are not UK citizen then you can only register .co.uk domain

•••
•••
Many businesses in the uk are starting to buy. uk domains but as. Co. Uk domains are the recognised standard and most uk businesses have. Co. Uk domains although many are starting to prefer. Uk domain names

For me I can buy either in minutes so not sure how someone outside the uk would buy. Uk domains but if you can buy.
Co. Uk domains they will sell in the uk but check correct spelling because certain words used in the states are spelt differently in the uk and the uk version wouldn't sell in dot com and the states version wouldn't sell in the uk

•••
I believe the co.uk name owner can claim the .uk. Isn't there a sunrise period to allow co.uk owners to decide if they want the uk name.

•••
I believe the co.uk name owner can claim the .uk. Isn't there a sunrise period to allow co.uk owners to decide if they want the uk name.

Yes but if a person can it's best to buy both as both are good because if you only buy either or just one of the two uk cctlds eg. Uk or. Co. Uk etc it's almost a certainty that the other one will be bought before a buyer makes you an offer for the one you own

•••
Look...5 years with .co.uk owners getting first dibs.
Then .org.uk owners followed by.me.uk owners so if you don't have the .co.uk it will be difficult to get one unless the .co.uk owner decides they don't want it which means the .org.uk has next dibs, if they dont want it the .me.uk owner can get it. Basically you need the .co.uk or they can take it off you down the road which is probably 4 years now.

So get a .co.uk and get it through gandi.net they will also let you use them as your contact and contact address in the UK. Hope that helps... :)

Last edited:
•••
So get a .co.uk and get it through gandi.net they will also let you use them as your contact and contact address in the UK
Did not know that. How do you let them know you want to use them as the contact?

•••
Officially if you are not in the UK, you cannot buy a .uk domain. However, there are instances of people just adding a UK address and purchasing a few (risky though) and there are some registrars which offer a UK address too at extra price.
Regarding the right of UK domains, you cannot register a .uk domain (it may show available initially) for a certain period of time as the right lies with the owner of the corresponding .co.uk domain (need to prove you own the .co.uk for such domains).
It is advised to procure both the .co.uk and the .uk version of the domain as most buyers prefer to own both.

•••
You can use gandi.net. The best explanation on what and how you can fund on one of their pages on .uk
https://www.gandi.net/domain/uk/info

Here it is:
- .UK are open to anyone, subject to the provision of a valid address in the United Kingdom. If you do not have an address in the United Kingdom, Gandi will provide one to you automatically and free of charge. However, the holder of a .CO.UK, .ORG.UK or .ME.UK has during 5 years, in this priority order, a registration right of the .UK second level domain name that is identical, during this period only him can make a registration request for the domain name
- .CO.UK, .ORG.UK and .ME.UK domain names are open to anyone

•••
But you also need to have owned the. Co. Uk domain from approx 2013 ish because I bought a. Co. Uk domain approx 2014 ish and didn't buy the. Uk version of the domain but the uk version was bought which meant I had not owned the. Co. Uk version long enough to be entitled to the right to the. Uk version of the domain

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back