IT.COM

How can I find how many sites link to a domain..

NameSilo
Watch

Established Member
Impact
I bought a domain a few back for $100 ( justphotos.com ) and I've sat on it since. This morning I pointed the name to Sedo and it is getting quite a lot of hits which surprised me ( pleasantly of course ).

There are no obvious links on the search engines so I wondered how I could find out if any sites link to it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi there,

easiest way that I know of is to download the Google Toolbar and use the backlink option. If you need any help finding it once you've downloaded pm me and let me know and I can give you a hand with it.

http://toolbar.google.com/

•••
Originally posted by bensontwenty
Hi there,

easiest way that I know of is to download the Google Toolbar and use the backlink option. If you need any help finding it once you've downloaded pm me and let me know and I can give you a hand with it.

http://toolbar.google.com/

Downloaded it but can't find any links, I can't believe they are type-ins Archive.org points to nbc .com but I don't think they ever owned it?

Any other ideas

BTW. Thanks

Last edited:
•••
•••
I've run a search with google and your right about it not showing any backlinks for you.

However, searching for 'justphotos' on google shows that there are numerous sites with similar or identical names but with a different TLD. With you having the .com TLD it could be that you are getting lots of traffic from direct requests. If you have the stats from where it was pointing to before Sedo, you should be able to analyse the referring URLS

www.justphotos.dot.com.pt
www.motherbird.com/justphotos.html
www.justphotos.de/
justphotos.multimania.com/

There are 428 links in google with the above however if you separate them, and use 'just photos' in the search you get a whopping 5,500,000.

What are you planning to use it for - developed properly it could be a nice little moneyspinner

•••
•••
•••
Originally posted by bensontwenty
What are you planning to use it for - developed properly it could be a nice little moneyspinner

My company is developing a photo sharing application and we have bought quite few photo related names to use, this is one of those names but we had almost eliminated it, maybe we'll need to rethink.

•••
•••
Agree! MarketLeap nice site.

ST

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back