IT.COM

How best can I register a domain that will be completely free from the laws?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have looked around but not found this question asked anywhere like I am wanting.
How best can I register a domain that will be completely free or as close as I can get to being free from the laws of the U.S. Meaning it cannot be taken down by the U.S, the U.S cannot confiscate the domain, and the U.S cannot get the domain's registered owner. I know the U.S can request the domain to be taken down, but where is the most unlikely to comply with such a request. I know they can block it completely if they choose to do so. But how would I register a domain that is the most likely to be free of interference from the U.S.
And can a .com be registered and meet the above criteria or does it have to be a dot whatever country it is registered in.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think there is nothing that can give you 100% immunity from the law.

As one can see from the megaupload case they can still get you even if you live in an other country and hosting your website offshore.

but if you want a domain that is the least affected by us law you would have to avoid most of the popular extensions .com, .net., .org, .tv, .info as they are administered by US based entities. That is what matters most in my opinion.

most CCTLD are not adminstered by US based companies therefore at least in theory, harder to shutdown from the US IMO(I am not a legal expert)

But don't think that you can violate US law just because you host on a CCTLD. You can still get into trouble, depending on what you do you can get into pretty serious trouble.

•••
You have check TM issues at first, and compare with hometown business to outside of US.

You can get prevail over It.

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back