IT.COM

question How, at first glance, to recognize a quality domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Emil K.

Established Member
Impact
The eternal question, from the top title, I think deserves one more discussion.

We, still inexperienced in this business, are often in a dilemma: do I buy this domain or not?

Nice-looking domains that we encounter in our searches, in most cases, are worth nothing, or negligible, as it usually appears in the end of story. For example, for domains: LoftedBarnCabins.com, JewelrySroreChicago.com, PlumberReno.com, PizzaMesa.com, KentuckyBrewery.com, etc., none of the potential buyers, to whom I sent emails, was interested.

Most experienced users claim that we can not rely on site-estimators (like Estibot), because they are machines with arbitrary criteria.

When we ask about the quality of certain domains that we have purchased, they say that they are "crappy" domains, with no additional explanation.

To be specific, I wonder: on the basis of which criteria to evaluate whether one of the domains, for example, from GD Closeouts, which is grammatically and spelling correctly, is eligible for purchase, and then for a lucrative resale?

I am aware that it is impossible to answer this question in general, but I would like to hear the criteria that the more experienced members suggest tu purchase something or not.

To be completely concrete, if I’m a plumber in Reno, I would have bought the PlumberReno.com domain without thinking, especially if I currently use something like that: BigBearPlumbingCompanyRenoNV.com. But potential buyers obviously do not think on that way.

What is the formula for success?

P.S. Please spare me from sarcastic and "witty" comments because it will not help me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those were some very good tips.

Thank you everyone.

•••
Thanks, everyone for their valuable insights

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back