Dynadot

Hotties.com for sale on eBay $1 Million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Question from the Hotties.com owner

Hey guys,

I was going through my web stats and found your thread. Read the posts and had a couple of comments & one question. The reason we are exploring selling the Hotties URL only is to help us raise capital to build more retail stores. Obviously a majority of the traffic we get from that URL ain't exactly interested in donuts if you know what I mean. Basically, I just threw it up there on ebay to see if it would spark any interest and hey if somebody wanted to plop down a million bucks in the meantime, I wouldn't have declined. We use our other domain hottiesdonuts.com as our company's site. My question is this though: Can any of you suggest how to sell a name like this without hundreds of little perverts offering $15K so they can turn around and sell it for a ridiculous amount? Even the many brokers that I have contacted seem to be as slimey. Just wondering.

•••
first, I would suggest that you put up an article, explain the situation and request feedbacks and ideas from the Internet community. Then submit the article to digg.com. Run some kind of contest for the Hotties.com for best ideas to monetize hotties.com or something. This way, not only you could generate a lot buzz for the domain name and your stores, you might get even attract potential investors, increase sales, and build your business without selling the domain name after all.

•••
IndyDad, if you are indeed the owner of Hotties.com, I'd strongly suggest Sedo.com With a name such as Hotties.com, you could probably make the "Top Domains" section and you'll get tons of views/offers.

Sedo's commission is quite reasonable at 10%.

Best of luck with your domain. :)

•••
Indydad said:
Can any of you suggest how to sell a name like this without hundreds of little perverts offering $15K so they can turn around and sell it for a ridiculous amount? Even the many brokers that I have contacted seem to be as slimey. Just wondering.

It's all part of owning a high quality name. Since you haven't been here for long, you missed the thread where Fonzie was legitimately offered $25 by BuyDomains, one of the largest domain portfolio owning entities around. sometimes these "little perverts" are big companies hoping to run into stupid people. Just have patience and list the name everywhere you can. A name like that can get into Sedo's top names, which helps exposure. You can also feature it there and on Afternic for additional exposure if you really need it sold. I personally don't think you'll be able to get a million dollars for it...you're probably looking at low $xxx,xxx for a name like that. Still, get it listed on Afternic and Sedo and into Sedo's Top Names at least, and you'll have a better chance to sell it. Another technique is to list it on eBay with a low min bid and high reserve and watch the bids flow in and the hit counter fly. It costs money, but anything you do will.

If you want the god's honest truth, there is no 1 marketplace that ensures you the best chance of selling your name. All the markets have major flaws, and it's not easy to connect up to motivated buyers.

•••
So far, 0 bids. I don't think that he'll find any taker at $1,000,000.

•••
Why bad mouth the pervs? What else do you think someone is going to develop with that site? Your best bet is to try to find a perv with money...

I'd also contact GreatDomains.com because they are known for listing some of the top domains and alot of big business goes there, but it can take a long time to find the right buyer.

I think the domain has a ton of potential if developed, into a sleazy site... so if you want to maximize the value of the domain you might be better off hiring someone to develop a site just like that, or hooking up with a company willing to form some sort of partnership...

Good luck

•••
allroundguy said:
I often list domains for $1,000,000.00 on eBay.
How much would the listing fee be for a large price like that? Is the maximum reserve price fee at $50?

•••
Always go for the first place, and see where You end up.

Who cares about what profit somebody makes?
I am happy for everybody who sells and for everybody who buys.
They both endeavour to get what they want.
And they are usually satisfied if they succeed.
So what is everybody disputing asking prices all of the time?
I see mainly negative remarks.
Let us ask for a million if we want.
Maybe we would be satisfied with less.
And that's nobody's business.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back