Dynadot

HosterStats...what a tool

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
First I want to thank one of NP's longtime members JB Lions for introducing me to HosterStats(.)com, one of the top three research tools I use to determine whether or not I want to own/buy a domain.

It's interesting how so many people (domainers/investors) will analyze data differently. For instance, the following is a HosterStat report that I researched this am;

shockbrands.com Domain Hosting History - HosterStats.com
Date: 2017-02-01 Transaction: Deleted
Date: 2012-01-01 Transaction: New
Date: 2011-11-01 Transaction: Deleted
Date: 2010-10-01 Transaction: New
Date: 2009-02-01 Transaction: Deleted
Date: 2006-01-01 Transaction: New

What you see here is this domain was initially registered for a period of three years from 2006-2009 then deleted. Then in October of 2010 the domain was re-registered and held for just one year until 2011, at which time it was deleted. It was registered again in January of 2012 and held for five years to 2017.

We can only speculate why these transactions occurred the way they did. I know some of you would look at these stats in a negative sense and say to yourself, why would I buy a domain that failed to attract an investor or be developed over the last 13 years, 2006-2019?

The way I interpret it...someone else besides me thought it might be a domain worth owning? I also interpret it such that the owner/owners probably tried to sell it the old fashion way by listing it with the likes of Sedo, Uniregistry, Afternic, Flippa....etc. and few, if any, "end uses" (someone who wanted to develop it) ever saw it:xf.frown:

The one thing I'll say here, if you can't see yourself or someone else developing any domain you're interested in, you probably shouldn't own it.

Brands like CheesecakeRealty (who doesn't like cheesecake?) or BarracudaDental (ever seen teeth on a barracuda?) are meant to "shock", or at least arouse curiosity. How about ElephantInsurance or ScorpionRain:xf.eek:.....heck Eric Lyons....if you don't buy it, I will(y)

With HosterStats you might say I read between the lines...do you use Hosterstats? How do you read their statistics?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back