IT.COM

Host reccomendation

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I thought I made a post on this earlier but I cant find it?

Im looking for a good website host - Has anyone used fatcow.com - is it reliable/reputable

And also - if they say unlimited bandwidth does this mean that I wouldn't have to worry about the amount of traffic coming into the website?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Stay away from 1and1 they are crooks

•••
You can use IXWebhosting.com ,that's quite good .

•••
And also - if they say unlimited bandwidth does this mean that I wouldn't have to worry about the amount of traffic coming into the website?

I suppose you shouldn't accept unlimited space and bandwidth offers seriously ;)

•••
I suppose you shouldn't accept unlimited space and bandwidth offers seriously ;)

You should just understand that is impossible to host namepros on the such web hosting account, because a lot of servers sources will be used.

•••
•••
:s

I Suggested Earlier, theyre cheap, i only pay $1 a month....

I think namepros thought i was spamming or something.

All my websites are hosted with them except for my proxy:)

I think that is possible such web sites. Assuming they are small html web sites only?

•••
hostgator

more expensive, but good performance

•••
Would you tell us your requirment?

You may also post in request section.

Im looking for a good website host - Has anyone used fatcow.com - is it reliable/reputable

•••
I think that is possible such web sites. Assuming they are small html web sites only?

Nah most off are getting moderate traffic. The most active one is my gaming blog - about 6k uniques a month - hit something like 7GB bandwith.

It's only a dollar for me cause i have like 2k posts over on those forums :)

•••
•••

Hello,

Fatcow seem to have some very good reviews so I am sure you would be happy with them.

As others have said unlimited offers are not to be taken seriously.

Regards,
Jack

•••
Try run a search for fatcow reviews - it will allow you to see what current/previous customers think of their service

•••
With unlimited offers, it is usually deemed 'fair usage' if you use about equal resources as other users of the hosting. If you are using 1tb bandwidth and everyone else is using 100mb then it'd be considered unfair.

I have been using unlimited hosts and getting upto 100gb of bandwidth with no issues. As long as you're not using it to store large files or streaming videos then you will be fine. A website won't need that much, and if you DO need that much, then you should be considering a dedicated server, not hosting.

And more on topic: Fatcow have a fair bit of good feedback, and I see them mentioned in a lot of 'top 10' lists.

•••
I see them mentioned in a lot of 'top 10' lists.

Which implies they have deep pockets for their affiliate programs. It is a good suggestion to ignore "Top 10" lists altogether as they just rack up affiliate links in 99.9% of the cases. That's guaranteed!:hehe:

Last edited:
•••
I used Fatcow for 3 years long time ago :P They are really good ;)

•••
I think if you are going for unlimited make sure you read their Terms of service as you could find something that could actually limit your usage, as like resource usages.

•••
Hi,

You obviously can not trust to providers that offer unlimited bandwidth. If they do, they should implement hidden TOS to prevent you using the service. I also think that you should compare a few web hosting providers.

•••
Honestly i would not pick a web host with unlimited space and bandwidth. It is impossible to have both. Most likely they will have a cpu load time limit ... and other restrictions which will not let your site grow.

•••
I haven't tried fatcow but I've had a good experience with hostgator, you may want to check them out.

•••
Hosting companies tend to offer unlimited disk space and bandwidth for marketing purposes. The result truth behind unlimited disk space and bandwidth is that there always is a limit, but its hidden by the hosting company.

Your disk space is the same like on your computers hard drive and each hard rive has a limit, just like a server. This includes bandwidth.

Unlimited bandwidth and disk space is highly not recommended to high tarffic websites, because as you may read HostGator's Terms of Service you will notice it says that if a person uses a lot of bandwidth, your account may result in suspension or termination.

•••
Fatcow isn't very good. I recommend Godaddy. Great customer service!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back