news Horizon Dairy Upgrades to Horizon.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
I am somewhat familiar with the Horizon brand since my kids take Horizon milk boxes to daycare a couple of times a week. During the course of some acquisition research, I noticed that a company called Science Horizons began forwarding Horizon.com to ScienceHorizons.net. When I saw this, I added the Horizon.com domain name to my DomainTools Whois monitor and kept an eye on it to see if any Whois changes transpired.
I believe this was a smart acquisition for a few reasons. First, it looks like Horizon has more than just dairy products in its portfolio. For instance, there are Horizon fruit snacks. Perhaps operating on HorizonDairy.com was a bit limiting for them. Additionally, upgrading to this shorter, one word .com domain name was smart because of the ease of recall. This domain name is also an asset to the company if the brand is ever acquired.
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back