Domain Empire

.HOMES re-released

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
artstar...it's the naysayers who have helped me to grow and improve on my talents over the last 18 months since discovering the domain industry. While this guy Brad is one of my biggest critics, he also falls under the category of being a "hoarder and scalper" like Verisign sees him:xf.wink:

I don't know if you picked up on what I said about the registry that owns the .homes nTLD, but like Brad, they too are "hoarders and scalpers":xf.rolleyes:

Cheeers ArtStar(y)

As of last count Bulloney owns 1500+ domains, so he also falls under the exact same category.

Brad

•••
no matter what you reg someone is always going to degrade it. dont mind the naysayers as they r all over this site. move on and take it all with a grain of salt as the negative comments r a dime a dozen. no one ever gives a positive review unless u r rs or fs selling domains. its so common i just laugh at them even though they have been on np for 10 years or more its the same responses day in day out for all this time.

how about getnicked.homes.

To be fair Brad is one of the most successful domainers on Namepros. He has a PRO badge for a reason. In my opinion this does give his opinions and views on domaining a lot more weight and relevance than most other NPers.

I am not saying he knows everything, nobody does.

With regards to getnicked.homes, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever I'm afraid. In my opinion you're going to lose a lot of money fast by registering domains like that.

•••
To be fair Brad is one of the most successful domainers on Namepros. He has a PRO badge for a reason. In my opinion this does give his opinions and views on domaining a lot more weight and relevance than most other NPers.

I am not saying he knows everything, nobody does.

With regards to getnicked.homes, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever I'm afraid. In my opinion you're going to lose a lot of money fast by registering domains like that.
LMAO Dave...he didn't buy getnicked.homes. Where's your sense of humor man? You and Brad really need to get a life besides your infatuation with me:xf.rolleyes:

•••
redo of

Honey.homes

Show attachment 120103

Cheers
Corey
I like Honey.homes. All we need to do now is to employ some AI, and locate all the realtors named "honey" in the world, and have them buy Honey.homes from you. But wait..... at last count, I think every female realtor has been referred to as "honey":xf.wink: Good Luck Corey.

•••
LMAO Dave...he didn't buy getnicked.homes. Where's your sense of humor man? You and Brad really need to get a life besides your infatuation with me:xf.rolleyes:

What infatuation are you on about? I don't recall ever conversing with you before.

•••
What infatuation are you on about? I don't recall ever conversing with you before.
Don't play coy with me Dave....I not only MakeSomeThingHappen:xf.grin:, iCauseChange:xf.wink: each and every day.

•••
As an fyi....NP member BlueCrystal recently started a thread referencing/asking how long does it take to sell an "average" domain at an "average" price, to which this was my answer. I'm sure most of you think you own "average" .homes domains.This is what I found when I accessed the URL BlueCrystal.com

Welcome to BlueCrystal.com !
This website is produced by "Cyber Knight". "Cyber Knight" , live in Tokyo, Japan, is the nickname of the webmaster, and then "BlueCrystal" is not a corporation but a name of my personal website. I was going to name my office "BlueCrystal" before. But it didn't come true, instead, I have named my personal website "BlueCrystal".

Now I'm interested in the wonderful system called "Internet", and I respect some people who produced such a beautiful system on the earth. The number of Internet-users have lately increased in Japan, but few people make full use of Internet in fact. And so I produced this website to study Internet, and to express my own thinking, opinion, and heart ! Of course, I enjoy producing this website !

By the way, do you have any knowledge about Japan ? There are a lot of attractive cultures and towns in Japan. I hope people all over the world are more interested in Japan. If you visit a lot of parts of Japan, I'm sure you'll find new things you have never known, and be able to have a lot of experiences, memories, and wonders !

This website will be modified sometimes. See you later on this website. Thanks for visiting this website. Have a nice day and nice Internet life !
____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm guessing this is probably you Blue Crystal? You pose a very interesting question that gives me an opportunity to share with you and the readers of this thread just how screwed up this industry really is. While you may have purchased "CrystalBlue" in 2000 for your personal use, it's my opinion that it's at least an "average name", and it doesn't appear that you've ever tried to sell it? btw, I have a similar name that I use for my own personal use "MakeSomethingHappen" that I've owned since 2001.

Industry standards say that names like you and I own would take anywhere from 50 to 100 years to sell based on whether you sold 1% or 2% of your portfolio each year. Really think about it....how screwed up is that?

Bottomline, this isn't acceptable to me, and it shouldn't be acceptable to you either. Verisign, the official registry for .com referred to domain investors and the registrars that sell domains as "Hoarders and Scalpers". The fact that 98 to 99% of domains that are registered but not being used each year speaks volumes, especially with regards to the "Hoarding" comment from Verisign.

The biggest culprits in all of this are the registrars like Go Daddy who I happen to buy most of my names from. I own about a thousand mostly .com names that are registered with Go Daddy. Furthermore I'd say that 50% of my domains are "average" in that I would be proud to name/call a startup (and I've started and named over 20 businesses in my life) anyone of those names:xf.wink: It's interesting that GD has assigned a personal rep to me who has done his very best to convince me that I should own a hundred "average" domains in order to sell one a year. Guess what? I believe him:xf.eek:, but that doesn't make it right.

I have a registry/registrar in my hometown Dominion.Domains aka DominionDomains.com who is just as bad, even worse:xf.frown: than Go Daddy. They showed their true colors to me when they raised the price of a domain I was interested in buying HomeSweet.Homes from $190 to $64,000. Then when they learned how outraged I was they offered to give it to me:xf.rolleyes: Since this occurred 90 days ago I've registered and own DomainEthics.com and iCauseChange.com

CrystalBlue...as screwed up as it sounds, it takes from 50 to 100 years to sell an "average" domain of "average" value. That's the honest answer to your question, but I intend to do something about it:xf.grin: My Mantra is, "Make Something Happen"

Finally, i've recently made a couple of new friends here on NP, one from South Africa and another new friend from Canada. Again, I'm guessing you're from Japan, and I'd like to be your friend because friendships are infinitely more important than domains:xf.smile: Cheers!

•••
Registered citysmart.homes

•••
Registered citysmart.homes
Picked up another .homes today along with two more realty .com's

Affinity.Homes
JazzmanRealty.com
CheesecakeRealty.com

Interesting, the CEO at Cheesecake.com contacted me last week to discuss how he could accommodate the owner of Cheesecake Realty. He paid 100K for Cheesecake.com in 2010, and we had a great time chatting about my idea for whoever buys CheesecakeRealty.com and or Cheesecake.Homes. I also own CheesecakeRealtor, but that may have some trademark issues? Cheers!

•••
How is this extension doing?

•••
Good question. I have 7 of what I would call quality .homes domains. I have not had any inquiries for any of these domains. They all come up for renewal this month. I'm wondering whether I should keep or fold them. I don't think I'm going to keep these domains for a long time with $30 renewals. But we shall see if we get any positive feedback from your question.

•••
i dont think how its doing is important, i think it how it could do that makes all the difference.....

;);)

•••
•••
i dont think how its doing is important, i think it how it could do that makes all the difference.....

;);)

I think we need to see some interest for domains from the industry, namely REALTORS. Which so far hasn't been forthcoming.

•••
Good question. I have 7 of what I would call quality .homes domains. I have not had any inquiries for any of these domains. They all come up for renewal this month. I'm wondering whether I should keep or fold them. I don't think I'm going to keep these domains for a long time with $30 renewals. But we shall see if we get any positive feedback from your question.

I’ve had 0 interest as well.With “quality” 1 words as well!

Even with the one that get 150-200 page visits a month on Dan.Nothing.

•••
I’ve had 0 interest as well.With “quality” 1 words as well!

Even with the one that get 150-200 page visits a month on Dan.Nothing.

Those visitors may or may not be looking to purchase a .homes domain. They are more than likely looking for content on your domains. But it is encouraging to see that somebody is actually typing the domain into their browser. From small acorns big chestnut trees grow :)

•••
According to Dofo there are about 1100 .homes listed for sale across the various marketplaces.
The only sale I could find was backyard (.) homes that sold in August I think it was on Sedo.
I checked NameBio below $100 and no sales.
I also checked DNpric.es but nothing.
Now typically there is not much resale market in first year after re-release, but it does seem slow.
I have not personally invested in any.
I did use the Google site command and there do seem to be a number in use, so that is somewhat encouraging. A few I looked at:
https://tailormade.homes/
http://primo.homes/
etc. It seems to me many are in use by construction firms and architecture/engineers, as opposed to real estate.
Bob

•••
Those visitors may or may not be looking to purchase a .homes domain. They are more than likely looking for content on your domains. But it is encouraging to see that somebody is actually typing the domain into their browser. From small acorns big chestnut trees grow :)

They are more likely looking to buy a home.

The word is a generic first name ;) the only one I bought and did not share or post here fo reason.

•••
If the registries such as .home and registrars that provide New gTLDs expect domainers to carry them for several years until they become popular its only fair that they gave us a special rate for renewals like the $10 or $15 dollars that it originally cost to get these domains.

IMO

•••
If the registries such as .home and registrars that provide New gTLDs expect domainers to carry them for several years until they become popular its only fair that they gave us a special rate for renewals like the $10 or $15 dollars that it originally cost to get these domains.

IMO

I think the Registrar and the Domainer need "to be of one mind" for anything like that to happen. I don't see that with .homes.

•••
its only fair that they gave us a special rate for renewals
While I don't hold out much hope that it will happen, @oldtimer, there is complete logic in what you propose. When the future of an extension is speculative, and resales spotty, logically the renewal rate should be lower to encourage speculative investment. Then when there is a healthy resale market gradually raise them since at that point the value of the TLD supposedly supports the higher renewal rate.

I understand, to some degree, the pressures the registries are under, and that is why they don't feel able to do this.

Some of the registrars are already not taking much of the pie. The wholesale price to registrars for .homes is $25.18 and a few registrars are renewing under $27.50.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
While I don't hold out much hope that it will happen, @oldtimer, there is complete logic in what you propose. When the future of an extension is speculative, and resales spotty, logically the renewal rate should be lower to encourage speculative investment. Then when there is a healthy resale market gradually raise them since at that point the value of the TLD supposedly supports the higher renewal rate.

I understand, to some degree, the pressures the registries are under, and that is why they don't feel able to do this.

Some of the registrars are already not taking much of the pie. The wholesale price to registrars for .homes is $25.18 and a few registrars are renewing under $27.50.

Bob

To clarify, I am not saying that .home registry should lower the $25.28 renewal rate for everyone since that might be considered to be a fair price for end users who might just own couple of domains, but if they want domainers to continue investing in tens or even hundreds of .home domains then registries should work something out with the registrars to give a better renewal rate to domainers, that's of course if they want domainers to be able to keep holding on to their domains on a long term basis.

Until an extension becomes popular amongst end users the registries don't have any choice but to depend on domainers so that they can cover their basic expenses of upkeep and running the registry so if they are smart they have to come up with a way to help keep domainers afloat. If the majority of domains are dropped after a year everyone loses. They have to come up with a way that is a win- win situation for all involved.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
instant // homes
comfy // homes
tranquil // homes

I dont think these are that bad. I got 19 views in total for all three during a year.
not looking good.

•••
Flatpack.Homes gets 20/30 views a month according to Dan.com but no offers. Its the only .homes name I have and I'll renew for another year at least.

•••
Quantum.homes
Matrix.homes
Alliance.homes
Intelli.homes
Support.homes
As of yet no offers but early days, I curated these names as I did not want to over capitalize on a relatively new niche .....I beleive there is a potential market but it will take time to grow as allways patience and choice with a little luck could see some of us holding premium .homes some good sales ....time will tell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back