Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Home server and DNS Services....ZoneEdit

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

patton

New Member
Impact
0
So I'm setting up a server on my home network for a portfolio based web site (meaning its not a business) on a fast cable, that has a Dynamic IP that stays the same for at least 6 months if not longer. Do I use a dynamic or redirected DNS service?.
Can I not just register a domain name and then use ZoneEdit.com to set up the DNS service! Anything special to know about them? If its free then how do they make money? Is there a catch?
Lastly I'm going to use Microsoft windows server 2003. Anything special I should know about setting it up?
Thanks for the help!!!!!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I think it's free up to a certain amount of domain names, then you have to pay. I think you could just register your domain and use zone edit, but I have never used zoneedit, so I wouldn't no for sure.

I have never used any windows server so couldn't help you there.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back