Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Though this does not use any of the vr xr ar holo prefixes, they are all related to gaming so I wanted to share this here

oddly enough the was still there for the picking

eCloudGames.KING

Worth maybe 5-10% of the non "e"? my guess

•••
I am not a big fan of stuff like this.
Right now, many of these co's are trying to build-up a facial recognition database (from photo and video), just because it has more future value to others in creating these type of profiles to know what you do and who you do it with and with apps like this, you are doing the work for them. They just provide the platform to do it and some enticing game/cool things to do.
I say that for background because there could indeed be a backlash against it when folks realize the what and how it all works. That is all a battle that will be fought sometime but nobody knows what for sure will trigger it.
One thing for sure is that everyone wants in on the game. Google is far behind facebook and is buying material and co's that can provide it at record pace.

•••
•••
•••
images (1).jpeg

VRFixtures.com

VRFixtures.co
images (27).jpeg

•••
holographic /AI/ com

2015- renew? ya- nay?

received 0 offers so far..but idk

•••
It's just a URL that I typed in, and it turns out it's something AR/VR related. Good points about it being too early to tell what it is or whether it'll get funding. But I thought it was a neat coincidence ...and I do think it's a good brand name.

The name is what I'm not understanding.
Swerve ?

...OK... after saying it a few more times, I get it.
I thought the name was something to do with the industry in general.
I guess I was looking for something that was not there.

•••
Was debating on to share this or not... I just REALLY like the look and sound of it

Also my Shortest DM ever as I've not bought actual 4L's yet and this is a LNLL

What do you all think of

N2XR.com :xf.smile: ?

( intoXR.com This Spelling has a Simple Lander that states "virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality"

•••
•••
•••
Valve Index Back-In Stock
https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/4/2...dset-monday-price-availability-half-life-alyx

While I have been waiting myself, I will have to wait till they reconfigure the pricing without HalfLife.
I am fairly sure that the complete set-up with controllers and lighthouse will be under $700 when they do.
It's a lot of money and I am in no hurry to spend it.
Probably will not happen till sales slow. And those sales are amazing.

•••
There was one plus I could think of with the COVID-19 outbreak in terms of VR/AR,
but I did not think I would see it suggested so soon....

https://uploadvr.com/vive-ecosystem-conference-vr/

I can see this building out for enterprise quite quickly anyway since it obviously solves a problem..

•••
•••
•••
•••
So.
Opinion on VRhotels / VirtualHotels kind of names?

•••
So.

You're probably aware of the VR Group in New Zealand. If they were ever to expand abroad, they'd probably want the .com.

The go-to use for VRhotels would be immersive hotel tours, of course. Sometimes I ponder whether I should develop a name or two. VRhotels seems like one that would be worth developing. You could team up with a pro and have him build the site in a manner whereby hotels could submit their content to your database/directory. ...while you handle the business development. And/or you could travel a bit and stay in some nice hotels for free while you and your partners gather content on-site. I think it would be a neat project.

Probably not the answer you were expecting, but those are my thoughts.

•••
You're probably aware of the VR Group in New Zealand. If they were ever to expand abroad, they'd probably want the .com.

The go-to use for VRhotels would be immersive hotel tours, of course. Sometimes I ponder whether I should develop a name or two. VRhotels seems like one that would be worth developing. You could team up with a pro and have him build the site in a manner whereby hotels could submit their content to your database/directory. ...while you handle the business development. And/or you could travel a bit and stay in some nice hotels for free while you and your partners gather content on-site. I think it would be a neat project.

Probably not the answer you were expecting, but those are my thoughts.

Yes, but VR is being used as well for vacation rentals, so more interested in VirtualHotels use cases

•••
Yes, but VR is being used as well for vacation rentals, so more interested in VirtualHotels use cases

When I think of "Virtual ..." I think of a service, where that same service can be accessed virtually. You go to the doctor for health screenings and such. So, a Virtual Doctor would do what doctors do, only virtually. A Virtual Classroom would be a means whereby a student can enter a classroom and do what they do in a classroom, only virtually. They would learn virtually.

By that reasoning, if one were to visit a Virtual Hotel, they would want to sleep in it. Put on an HMD to immerse yourself in a hotel room, and sleep? Surely there is no market for this.

I would go to a virtual haunted house, perhaps ...to get scared just as I would at a real haunted house. Or, I would go to a virtual zoo ...to see animals as I would at a real zoo. I wouldn't go to a virtual hotel to sleep.

For the purpose that we're actually alluding to (hotel tours), I think VRHotels is stronger. Use VR to view Hotels.

Long and drawn out answer. And maybe some will disagree. But I think Virtual Hotels isn't as strong and VRHotels. If I were to develop one of the names, I'd develop VRHotels.

•••
When I think of "Virtual ..." I think of a service, where that same service can be accessed virtually. You go to the doctor for health screenings and such. So, a Virtual Doctor would do what doctors do, only virtually. A Virtual Classroom would be a means whereby a student can enter a classroom and do what they do in a classroom, only virtually. They would learn virtually.

By that reasoning, if one were to visit a Virtual Hotel, they would want to sleep in it. Put on an HMD to immerse yourself in a hotel room, and sleep? Surely there is no market for this.

I would go to a virtual haunted house, perhaps ...to get scared just as I would at a real haunted house. Or, I would go to a virtual zoo ...to see animals as I would at a real zoo. I wouldn't go to a virtual hotel to sleep.

For the purpose that we're actually alluding to (hotel tours), I think VRHotels is stronger. Use VR to view Hotels.

Long and drawn out answer. And maybe some will disagree. But I think Virtual Hotels isn't as strong and VRHotels. If I were to develop one of the names, I'd develop VRHotels.

Cheers.
I was thinking virtual hotels would be better, also can be used for virtual tours and activities but also bigger keyword and very relevant these days. But just an opinion

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
So.

as im sure you know.. in most cases including this one, singular hotel is what u want way more than hotels.

but... its great keyword still in plural.. with many applications.. im sure you\d pay pretty penny for either of those 2 u mention.

i own the longtail of this... not plural. definitely not dropping that one.

cheers
gl

•••
Bought VirtualHotels(.)com if i wasnt clear.

Cheers

ah nice...

i kinda thought you were asking what to buy or whats good... maybe I missed your buy annoucenment lol

thats a nice name.

what made you invest in .. u know.. VR?

•••
I have to say, the only thing that looks strong in that bunch is virtualNYC & VirtualNewYork.
Probably need to hold that for 5 more years, but, I can envision good use.

Yes, I like them as well among others :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back