Domain Empire

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
VolumetricVideos / VolumetricStudio(s) / VolumetricCapture

A day before I was due at Microsoft’s new Mixed Reality Capture Studio in San Francisco, I got an e-mail about the dress code. I was going to be recorded as a “hologram”—Microsoft’s term for volumetric videos, which you can view through augmented-reality or virtual-reality headsets, or on a flat screen. Apparently, much as is the case on TV, not everything looks good when you’re being digitally preserved in multiple dimensions.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...m-maker-become-the-new-sears-portrait-studio/

Good Stuff, I have been saving my Holo names, been getting a lot of focus and offers on HoloSphere.com & HoloVid.com lately!!

•••
•••
VirtueAR.com
VirtualAugmentedDevice.com

•••
•••
•••
Looks like Scoble's career is over - being lynched right now on his FB and Twitter.

This might not seem relevant but it is. Firstly, he was arguably the leading proselytizer of the tech we discuss here. Him being removed is a negative. Secondly, his complete lack of social judgement again proves the error of looking to him for guidance in how these techs will eventually be termed by general society.

•••
Looks like Scoble's career is over - being lynched right now on his FB and Twitter.

This might not seem relevant but it is. Firstly, he was arguably the leading proselytizer of the tech we discuss here. Him being removed is a negative. Secondly, his complete lack of social judgement again proves the error of looking to him for guidance in how these techs will eventually be termed by general society.

Agree.

The crazy thing is, that his lawyer advised him not to say anything and he should have took the advice.

No secret that I used to like his Facebook posts. But after today no way would of I ever trusted the bloke again.

He's lucky his wife even puts up with the stuff he's put her through. He seemed to be onto a good thing in the VR\AR space. Some people are their own worse enemy though.

Last edited:
•••
kinda liked this one......... regged:

HolographicVegas
.com

•••
kinda liked this one......... regged:

HolographicVegas
.com
Lol i know the guy that had that one well done mate nice name

•••
NeomVR.com
NeomMR.com
NeomXR.com

•••
Added:

AR Realm (.com)
Lightfield VR (.com)

•••
Hologram fan

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/incredible-3d-image-generating-electric-11407843

9646BB3A-93DE-496C-A835-F0E5D57AB164.png

•••
I own a few holographic/hologram domains... but never quite fully understood the specifics of hologram+kw vs holographic+kw.. is there even any specifics or rules to this, when comes to domain creation with these two syntax types.. or its kind of arbitrary and based on what "sounds" good? holo+kw is the more brandable naming variety, which is fine, and I like.

cheers

•••
I own a few holographic/hologram domains... but never quite fully understood the specifics of hologram+kw vs holographic+kw.. is there even any specifics or rules to this, when comes to domain creation with these two syntax types.. or its kind of arbitrary and based on what "sounds" good? holo+kw is the more brandable naming variety, which is fine, and I like.

cheers

Not sure. I think there was quite a good sale a while back with holo as the second keyword. But certainly holographic sounds better first.

•••
Added:

Lightfield VR (.com)

Haha, I saw that dropping and forgot about it completely. Second time you've done me over this week ;) Premium name for sure.

•••
Haha, I saw that dropping and forgot about it completely. Second time you've done me over this week ;) Premium name for sure.
I am happy owning Lightfield.net and a few 2 word in Lightfield, been a great believer of it since another friend introduced me what it was

•••
Yea, i still like lightfield very much, imo it wont be only a technical term.
I Still hold many great names :)

Btw, LightfieldVR sounds great.

•••
Just checking out NameBio.

Other than myXR, has there been any XR sales yet to end users?

Other than domainers trading between themselves, there doesn't really seem to be a market/demand for AugmentedReality+keyword/AR+keyword or 'MixedReality+keyword' names either if NameBio is anything to go by.

VR domains are still bringing in these 4 figure sales, even 5 figures someone reported last week - So the VR domaining market is strong.

Any concerns for domain investors in these other industries though?

Got say, whilst i love AR as a tech, I've often been vocal about the need of AR domains, even if it goes on to be bigger than VR (which imo it probably already is).

AR is here now, so there should be more 'AR' and 'AugmentedReality' domain name sales, right?

Last edited:
•••

Other than domainers trading between themselves, there doesn't really seem to be a market/demand for AugmentedReality+keyword/AR+keyword or 'MixedReality+keyword' names either if NameBio is anything to go by.

VR domains are still bringing in these 4 figure sales, even 5 figures someone reported last week - So the VR domaining market is strong.

Got say, whilst i love AR as a tech, I've often been vocal about the need of AR domains, even if it goes on to be bigger than VR (which imo it probably already is).

AR is here now, so there should be more 'AR' and 'AugmentedReality' domain name sales, right?

I have not got concerns at this stage. Tbh if I owed a company I would only be looking to invest in VR at this stage.

Yes I would see the potential in other markets, but VR is probably the safest place to make money in today's market.

•••

No concerns at all.

I do work hard on trimming my folio but only to keep better names..

I doubt it that VR/V will represent all techs..

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••

Everyone compares the value of the name they hold with previous sales that were never to a end user.
So they speculate on speculation. Some research that is.
That's kinda like me betting that you are holding a winning lotto ticket that you paid extra for.
And how do you know that that speculating investor did not way overpay for his name even if a winner, it may only be able to match 3-4 numbers for a low payout and you bet on it ?
You are betting on others bets. Make your own bets for your own good reasons by doing the research on the name you are comparing it to.

I do still hold a short list of available names with those other keywords should they really pan-out to be something. No need for me to hold them long. To not have that short list would be foolish on my part.
To hard to do the research after the fact in enough time. I'm ready if need be.

I started buying into AR even before VR that I started in 2011 and backed off from AR in 2014 when I realized the lessor than broad implication in 'marketing' than VR had.

Other than augmentedreality.org @12.5k 5 years ago, No real significant end-use sales. But it did get the attention of investors and started a buying spree that I wish now I sold 'some' of my AR holdings into.
The same as some of these other keywords will do when they get a few pop-shots.
The only big problem with AR in domains is that it can mean so many things, and until that solidifies in some way?, we will not have any guidance. Some of the same problems MR & XR will have, only worse.

but hey... you pay your money and you take you choice !

Last edited:
•••
Yea, i still like lightfield very much, imo it wont be only a technical term.
I Still hold many great names :)

Btw, LightfieldVR sounds great.

360Lightfield / MRLightfield / LightfieldMR

Last edited:
•••
I don't think there is probably anyone on this forum who wouldn't swap their good keyword in AR, MR, XR, Holo for the VR equivelant.

VR is the king in 2017 and will generate sales ongoing through the years.

I just feel their is still lots of promise with other terms as well and 2017 is probably not the peak time to judge and death sentence them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back