Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Contrary to previous reports, it appears that Google could be working on a possible stand alone VR device. It's possible that this is an effort to make sure theyre not one upped by Apple, as there are also reports of them also working hard on a VR device, despite Tim Cook expressing more interest in AR publicly. Apple will definitely release something AR, but I think they're trying to be more quiet about their VR efforts, because that's probably what they'll release first (fall next year) .

Google Prototype Being Tested By Google VR Team
http://presstelegraph.com/2016/10/2...googl-google-prototype-tested-google-vr-team/

Well vr four types of devices are emerging:

console vr
pc vr
mobile vr
standalone vr

Unfortunately I have only:

pc-vr - com
pcvr - de
computervr - com
mobile-vr - com
mobilevr - net and others...
vrmobile - net - fr
vrmovil - com

and

standalonevr - com

It would be extremely happy if I had mobilevr - com and pcvr - com.

You can not have everything in life.

Last edited:
•••
Think you might find Apple could be ready to release something capable of both.

Won't go too much into it because this is the VR thread, but it is rumoured to be capable of a technology refered to as mixed reality which combines elements of both VR & AR.

avrglasses and avrheadsets - com´s
nice
I think your getting there with offers! I've sold a few VR dn so far in this middish XXX region ... just to cover some renewal money and keep cashflow. so $400 can be numbers to consider... of course depending on names... cashflow needs etc..

VRfrenzy.com ..................... is on! ;)

gl

I'm happy some of my drops go to home to my mates namepros,I wish you luck with it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I see, mixed reality is coming to a phone.

I think it will require a HMD that the iPhone 8 goes in to achieve mixed reality, but pretty much yes :)

•••
Spectacles
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...nveils-spectacles-google-glass-heres-what.htm

One good try at a low end market with millennials. Even if this is not completely successful, something like it will be. I am very surprised they did not decide on a more TMable name.

But I see someone was on top of their game reging VRSPEX sept 21. That's brandable.
SmartSpex been reg'd since 2005
Iv'e have seen interest in names I hold with combos of Glasses,Goggle(s) with 'Smart' the past week.
Not sure it is from that news but any interest is good. Probably be some time yet before end-users are in sight for what I hold.
Circular .Video

Snapchat’s ‘Toy’ Glasses Set the Stage for Augmented Reality Dominance

In one swift motion, Snapchat changed its name to Snap Inc and revealed a fashionable pair of glasses called Spectacles; further defining themselves as a “camera company.”

What makes the introduction of Spectacles unique is that it hints toward a larger vision. Since its inception, Snapchat has rapidly evolved into a platform where millions of people are capturing photos and videos every day. These glasses are the culmination of that evolution marking a new way to share those moments.

On a technical level, Spectacles’ major hardware innovation centers around the glasses that include an embedded camera with a ring of LED lights which activates when recording. All the components are packed into a slim pair of sunglasses. However, their biggest unveiling involved what is being described as circular video.

According to their website, “Spectacles connect directly to Snapchat via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and transfer your Memories directly into the app in our brand new circular video format. Circular video plays full screen on any device, in any orientation, and captures the human perspective with a 115 degree field of view.

Read more: http://uploadvr.com/snapchats-toy-glasses-dominance/

•••
Circular .Video

Snapchat’s ‘Toy’ Glasses Set the Stage for Augmented Reality Dominance

In one swift motion, Snapchat changed its name to Snap Inc and revealed a fashionable pair of glasses called Spectacles; further defining themselves as a “camera company.”

What makes the introduction of Spectacles unique is that it hints toward a larger vision. Since its inception, Snapchat has rapidly evolved into a platform where millions of people are capturing photos and videos every day. These glasses are the culmination of that evolution marking a new way to share those moments.

On a technical level, Spectacles’ major hardware innovation centers around the glasses that include an embedded camera with a ring of LED lights which activates when recording. All the components are packed into a slim pair of sunglasses. However, their biggest unveiling involved what is being described as circular video.

According to their website, “Spectacles connect directly to Snapchat via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and transfer your Memories directly into the app in our brand new circular video format. Circular video plays full screen on any device, in any orientation, and captures the human perspective with a 115 degree field of view.

Read more: http://uploadvr.com/snapchats-toy-glasses-dominance/
VRSpekz
BTW, I don't know how those can be claimed to be a Ar or VR device. No Display Tech.

Video could be viewed in either.

Last edited:
•••
VRSpekz
BTW, I don't know how those can be claimed to be a Ar or VR device. No Display Tech.

Video could be viewed in either.
Actually, I did not reg that... the one I did reg was SmartSpekz
I think the other is open though if ya wanna...
Terrible to have to many names.

•••
Imo, First glasses that are going to hit mainstream and pave the road for MR viewers.
Got ny domains earlier, but still some dn avail.
Early bird gets the worm :)

•••
Yes, Robert Scoble spoke yesterday about spectacles. He said they have a very big future in the "MR" space and from what he's heard their future progression of the specs will challenge the likes of magic leap and meta 2.

Watch this space ;)

•••
Actually, I did not reg that... the one I did reg was SmartSpekz
I think the other is open though if ya wanna...
Terrible to have to many names.

VideoSpectacles.com and more.

I guess specs and spectacles are gonna be more common terms then before

•••
In England Trying to work out the rules watching this American Football on my TV, Augmented reality would help in the future…..
NYG v LA

•••
I hereby claim all VR devices that have hit the market so far to be little more than gimmick's - no new tech used just various phone type screens placed in front of the eyeballs.

It's no wonder Intel/Microsoft are going the AR/MR way with hololens !

Last edited:
•••
I hereby claim all VR devices that have hit the market so far to be little more than gimmick's - no new tech used just various phone type screens placed in front of the eyeballs.

It's no wonder Intel/Microsoft are going the AR way with hololens !

Agree but Microsoft is 100% claiming to be "MR".

The do not like to be associated as AR.

•••
Agree but Microsoft is 100% claiming to be "MR".

The do not like to be associated as AR.

Not only Microsoft.
The perception will change in time.

•••
AR is slowly taking its place as an overlay on reality, not more then that.
Very useful but not MR.

•••
•••
•••
Yes MS is pushing Mixed reality but they always mention AR and VR as well.

I think the popular consumer terms/phrases to describe Apps on hololens will be 'holo, hologram and holographic' although 'Virtual', 'AR' and 'MR' will also be used.

•••
Yes MS is pushing Mixed reality but they always mention AR and VR as well.

I think the popular consumer terms/phrases to describe Apps on hololens will be 'holo, hologram and holographic' although 'Virtual', 'AR' and 'MR' will also be used.

Not so much recently.

I would agree before hand but now they are just using Holo, Holographic as branding.

Even Windows Holographic is referred to as a mixed reality platform.

I have seen all the evidence.

They are 100% mixed reality.

They even just confirmed to Robert Scoble that they are 100% Mixed Reality and that is what they are coming to market with :)

Last edited:
•••
Not so much recently.

I would agree before hand but now they are just using Holo, Holographic as branding.

Even Windows Holographic is referred to as a mixed reality platform.

I have seen all the evidence.

They are 100% mixed reality.

They even just confirmed to Robert Scoble that they are 100% Mixed Reality and that is what they are coming to market with :)
I have to laugh at your persistence, MR is definitely a selling point but if you think the coming world of 'Augment Reality' is going to ignore such a useful device then I suggest you do some more research.

•••
•••
I have to laugh at your persistence, MR is definitely a selling point but if you think the coming world of 'Augment Reality' is going to ignore such a useful device then I suggest you do some more research.

If you were referring to Meta 2 I would agree it looks like they are branding themselves around AR.

The fact is you are referring to Microsoft being AR, I am saying they are "MR".

No persistence, just stating what Microsoft are doing.

Got nothing against AR.

Both will be technologies going forward, but do you're research as to where Microsoft are at because it is like I said "mixed reality".

You're a great domainer, love some of you're choices in domains.

All I am trying to do is let people know which direction a certain company is heading.

•••
Hope Merged Reality will work out for you guys :)

Thanks. I hope Mixed Reality works for you – I know it’s a poor mans Merged Reality, but hopefully you can get a few sales out of it.

•••
Thanks. I hope Mixed Reality works for you – I know it’s a poor mans Merged Reality, but hopefully you can get a few sales out of it.

Lol :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back