NameSilo

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
-

Last edited:
•••
It's amazing how a conversation between two adults can be wiped at a press of a button because you disagree with the way they handled things

I never thought this forums posts were manipulated by being deleted to suite some till now lost all respect for one np member

Unity registered xrtools.com be nice to see a site

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Interesting that everyone may not be able to enjoy streaming vr/360 @ 4k. Live or not.
All about the bandwidth. Most of us live in areas that it is plentiful but not everyone has enough.
And 4k is about the minimum where it becomes enjoyable in VR because your viewport is 1/6 of that.
I think that is one of the real push's behind next gen cell formats.

Not sure if that is going to affect names because of it. But It may have a effect on how fast it becomes a 'THING' to the public. And so names demand with it.
I'm braced for a longer ride for it.

tmob and 5g
https://www.pocnetwork.net/technology-news/t-mobile-shares-their-vision-of-a-5g-future/

Last edited:
•••
Live360 / 360LiveStream / 360LiveStreaming .nets

Mate, Live360 .net is a sweet Domain. Within 2 years when every man and his dog will be creating live 360 as standard on their phones. You can quote me on that.

•••
Mate, Live360 .net is a sweet Domain. Within 2 years when every man and his dog will be creating live 360 as standard on their phones. You can quote me on that.

Thank you my friend,
I believe that Live in 360 will be mainstream for all of us in about a year and VR will follow in 2-3 years due to bandwidth limitations as @VRdommy mentioned.

Last edited:
•••
nah I'm all set. stickin to 3L+XR and XR+3L

maybe 4L but only if good fit.

mostly stuff that can be turned into XR news site.

Nice to you got only 6. Watch it closely for better names dropping.. Better then getting whats left imo and going with a reg spree

Make lists for now instead of regging second grade as long as its still nothing.

•••
What do you think about " Aug + Keyword " ? down below are live site.

Augmate.com
Augthat.com
Augview.net
Aug-tech.com
Augaware.org
Aug-games.com

•••
•••

Augmate.com
Augthat.com
Augview.net
Aug-tech.com
Augaware.org
Aug-games.com
I think you should be careful how many shortcut names you buy. Some are great for Branding.
But they are very unpredictable and of very soft demand.
They do get used since many start-ups want a short made-up word they can trademark that makes sense with what they do.
But you can not 'make-up' a keyword , or play them like it unless you can get some market acceptance.

Edit: I should add that I do play them in very limited amounts. (a chance bet) but I don't play them like a keyword.

Last edited:
•••
New Qualcomm 845 (7nm). (Samsung and Qualcomm partner). I'ts in dev for Samsung S9 ?
In any case, it's get'n close to being on par with game consoles with revisions every year.
Been trying to see how that effects the names landscape.
I have stayed clear of VR game console type hardware names in the long term buys.
This 'GOOD READ' may help explain better than the words I use.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/...phones-specs-features-benchmarks-news-rumours
I have to say, I have not tested the S8 with that Snapdragon 835 in VR yet. But I think I'm going to very soon.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you my friend,
I believe that Live in
Hollywood don't expect 'vr movies' to come together for 5-10 years.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/06/...ss-yet-but-hollywood-is-looking-for-a-way-in/

A good read for keeping your timelines for names.

I've kinda known this, but Till then. I got VRShortz to fill the gap.

VRAnimationStudio and VRAnimationMovies
VRAnimationVideos here.

VRAnimationStudios is currently available at a well known auction site.

I have to say I'm quite impressed with the amount of traffic but nothing so far.

•••
VRAnimationVideos here.

I have to say I'm quite impressed with the amount of traffic but nothing so far.
In the shorter term, I think we might see Comic Books style VR&AR fill that short term animation.
John Carmack has a fetish for them and has started a pet project to do them for VR.
But I have not herd from him for a while so we will have to wait-n-see. Someone will.
Hard to say if longtail names have a play in that segment.
They will if demand is high enough to soak up the shorter ones early. So you might have something there if you can hang-on. I like your VRAnimationStudio, It's a keeper !

Here something from 6 months ago...
http://goodereader.com/blog/digital-comic-news/madefire-debuts-new-vr-comic-book-app-for-galaxy-vr

•••
VRAnimationVideos here.

VRFilmStudio / FilmStudioVR
VRMovieStudio / MovieStudioVR

•••
More on streaming 4K VR...
Providers are stating a connection speed of 25Mbs.
Using VP9 and other compression's helps a lot.
But for the best 4k VR proformance now is if you can take the head position tracking info and transmit it back to the sender and not place that 60-100 degrees of view directly behind your current position in the stream.
Useful if the content is not likely to make you look behind you very fast. (like a movie or sport event)
Then you can eliminate a large portion of the stream.
It could then become a 3k stream and require only 16-20 Mbs
Additional latency is picked up when pushing though wifi.
I'm sure some remember how herky-jecky some of the early net video was 20 years ago. Terrible for VR.

https://recombu.com/digital/article/how-to-stream-4k-video-broadband-speed-wifi

Anyway, I hope that helps some understand the difficulties going forward. It will all get worked out.

Last edited:
•••
More on streaming 4K VR...
Providers are stating a connection speed of 25Mbs.
Using VP9 and other compression's helps a lot.
But for the best 4k VR proformance now is if you can take the head position tracking info and transmit it back to the sender and not place that 60-100 degrees of view directly behind your current position in the stream.
Useful if the content is not likely to make you look behind you very fast. (like a movie or sport event)
Then you can eliminate a large portion of the stream.
It could then become a 3k stream and require only 16-20 Mbs
Additional latency is picked up when pushing though wifi.
I'm sure some remember how herky-jecky some of the early net video was 20 years ago. Terrible for VR.

https://recombu.com/digital/article/how-to-stream-4k-video-broadband-speed-wifi

Anyway, I hope that helps some understand the difficulties going forward. It will all get worked out.

...that's alot to digest. lol. I think I understand it a little more each time I read it.

•••
...that's alot to digest. lol. I think I understand it a little more each time I read it.
Well, I did not mean to overload anyone with it. :wideyed:
Just to give you a idea that for names,
many things have to happen yet for this to really become a main stream 'thing'.
So you don't have expectations in time lines for your names coming to age that are beyond reality.
Just trying to give everyone enough background so you can track it yourself.

I am not the best at explaining anything to the public. So I tend to find news to let a pro writer explain, if I can find it. I have been around the cutting edge tech most of my adult life so I do sometimes make assumptions that I should not. Sorry.

•••

Augmate.com
Augthat.com
Augview.net
Aug-tech.com
Augaware.org
Aug-games.com

If interested I've got a bunch. Nice prices too. Pm me. Need to free up cash.

•••
Well, I did not mean to overload anyone with it. :wideyed:
Just to give you a idea that for names,
many things have to happen yet for this to really become a main stream 'thing'.
So you don't have expectations in time lines for your names coming to age that are beyond reality.
Just trying to give everyone enough background so you can track it yourself.

I am not the best at explaining anything to the public. So I tend to find news to let a pro writer explain, if I can find it. I have been around the cutting edge tech most of my adult life so I do sometimes make assumptions that I should not. Sorry.

Never apologize. Totally cool. This is how I learn.

•••
•••
In the shorter term, I think we might see Comic Books style VR&AR fill that short term animation.
John Carmack has a fetish for them and has started a pet project to do them for VR.
But I have not herd from him for a while so we will have to wait-n-see. Someone will.
Hard to say if longtail names have a play in that segment.
They will if demand is high enough to soak up the shorter ones early. So you might have something there if you can hang-on. I like your VRAnimationStudio, It's a keeper !

Here something from 6 months ago...
http://goodereader.com/blog/digital-comic-news/madefire-debuts-new-vr-comic-book-app-for-galaxy-vr

Thanks, sounds promising.

I'm just looking for a quick flip really and the reserve is low so we shall see if anyone agrees with you.

I would hold onto it but my business needs funds so I'm going to liquidate my portfolio.

•••
Just doing a search around Google/Social Media for some keywords I have in .com, as I usually do when I get chance.

Vision17 wasn’t all that good for me, but just saw this that come out of Vision:-

https://twitter.com/petemossymoss/status/859493379599507456

So 19% of 19.9B = 'VR Video' worth $3.8 billion by 2020, that will do me.

Also just saw this article (old one):-

http://www.brittonmdg.com/the-britton-blog/is-virtual-reality-future-of-video-marketing

===
“Virtual reality video is a market so big that Goldman Sachs is predicting that it could become an $80 billion industry by 2025.”
===

Which will do for me even more lol.

•••
It's amazing how a conversation between two adults can be wiped at a press of a button because you disagree with the way they handled things

I never thought this forums posts were manipulated by being deleted to suite some till now lost all respect for one np member

Unity registered xrtools.com be nice to see a site

Just wanted to let everyone know this heat between xr reality and another np member was not me. It was coincidence my deleted posting was above his posting. My posting was about domains i listed for sale and some plans for the future. But i found my posting a little bit to much and decided to delete the message.

•••
Just wanted to let everyone know this heat between xr reality and another np member was not me. It was coincidence my deleted posting was above his posting. My posting was about domains i listed for sale and some plans for the future. But i found my posting a little bit to much and decided to delete the message.
Nothing to worry about other than to say we have had our first deletions in this thread from reported posts from someone. Something I will not do or at last resort. If I think your posts are out of line. I will just tell you so.
We have had a well behaved bunch here. I see no problems.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back