IT.COM

discuss HIPHI SOLD $99,999, Are Chinese car domain names perhaps the next opportunity?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kai W.

CollectorTop Member
Impact
I saw this news: https://domainnamewire.com/2020/08/05/17-end-user-domain-name-sales-up-to-100k/

'WTF!! Yesterday I heard 'HengChi'(HENGDA-BENZ) and today I heard 'HIPHI'. The meanings of these two brands can be found on the BAIDU.COM search page. Their meaning is derived from 'Chinese explanation', but I'm confused as to why 'HIPHI' doesn't apply to PINYIN, but rather MADEUP English Words.
HIPHI english mean HIFI?? Does any guys buy their product?

I'm not sure what their branding strategy is, but I realize that perhaps some of the 'junk' creative domains will find a good buyer.'

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I own siaumi which is xiaomi non PINYIN domain :P , if only I can sell the domain for 10k ( in my dream )

•••
I own siaumi which is xiaomi non PINYIN domain :P , if only I can sell the domain for 10k ( in my dream )
Maybe there will be other agricultural technology companies purchase it, but I certainly won’t be Mi.com ;)

Initially they explained that "the idea of the company name comes from the millet porridge in daily life", but recently they changed the meaning of the brand

Last edited:
•••
Maybe there will be other agricultural technology companies purchase it, but I certainly won’t be Mi.com ;)

Initially they explained that "the idea of the company name comes from the millet porridge in daily life", but recently they changed the meaning of the brand

LoL... I Hope so :D

•••
Doubtful it's a viable niche, one or two sales are outliers not trends.

•••
Doubtful it's a viable niche, one or two sales are outliers not trends.

There's really been a lot of news about new energy vehicles in China lately, 'Geely Geometry', 'Hengda Hengchi', ‘WULINGHONGGUANG MINI’ and this 'hifi':ROFL: etc. , Almost every Chinese automaker has recently launched a new brand.

•••
I'm in China and I don't see the value of buying Chinese language domains. If anything, invest in patterned number domains like 555666.com [ means I'm awesome :) ] if you want to focus on the China market.

And no, I don't think Hiphi means anything in Chinese. It's just a brandable.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, because it's a Madeup of English and Greek, it has no Chinese meaning. No one knows what the endbuyers is thinking.

Last edited:
•••
I'm in China and I don't see the value of buying Chinese language domains. If anything, invest in patterned number domains like 555666.com [ means I'm awesome :) ] if you want to focus on the China market.

I believe when we investing in domain , its not only about the name , 99% of course its come from the name but there is always 1% luck, when you reach your turn, that 1% will be your lucky day.

•••
Back