Domain Empire

domains Highlight Domains at NameLiquidate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
I don't think that someone has started a thread for various people to list domain names in the expiry stream at NameLiquidate. I know there are individual threads, but I mean one thread that various people can contribute to.

I see this as having two kinds of contributions
  1. Your own names listed at NameLiquidate that you want to highlight
  2. Names you see there listed by others that you think are deserving of a shoutout
While people can post what they want, I think it might be helpful to be somewhat selective and in any one daily post highlight a limited number as opposed to simply listing all that you have in the expiry stream there.

Bob

PS There is a separate thread to give feedback on the name liquidation platform, with suggestions for improvements, so let's keep this thread specifically on listed domain names.

@DanSanchez

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Glad you snagged a good one @frank-germany. Others who want to mention ones that they picked up from the lists, please feel free to do so, as that is related to the lists of names, and may encourage others to post.

Bob

@Bob Hawkes

maybe it's a good idea to make it mandatory here
to mask the domain name
just in case later somebody wants to resell the name

•••
@Bob Hawkes

to mask the domain name

Thanks frank, edited/spaced newest post w/ 4L

Couldnt edit older sorry.! followin this 1 while.

if I had enough, this be 11th 4L lucky who wins.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
to mask the domain name

What do people think? Initially I did that, then others gave links, and I saw the convenience of that, so I don't think we can have both. We of course are not giving sales prices, simply what price the name is at now.

The lists of names at expiration auctions, both here and in the blogs, the name with links are usually given. I think the argument being even if found in search there is no indication of the final price (unless it is in NameBio anyway, which these are not).

Maybe as a kind of vote, without cluttering this thread too much could you vote via Like or Thank to this post according to following:

All names should be masked either as space, slash, image, etc. -- Vote Like

It is OK to keep links to domain names as long as there are no final sale prices given. -- Vote Thank

Bob

•••
What do people think? Initially I did that, then others gave links, and I saw the convenience of that, so I don't think we can have both. We of course are not giving sales prices, simply what price the name is at now.

The lists of names at expiration auctions, both here and in the blogs, the name with links are usually given. I think the argument being even if found in search there is no indication of the final price (unless it is in NameBio anyway, which these are not).

Maybe as a kind of vote, without cluttering this thread too much could you vote via Like or Thank to this post according to following:

It is OK to keep links to domain names as long as there are no final sale prices given. -- Vote Thank

Bob

Seems like circumventing Bob,
what convenience?go NameLiquidate “search”
Seems like a poll-worthy question -I vote hide.

Last edited:
•••

Bob

thanks = like

a name bought from nameliquidate
no matter of the final sales price
will always be
§xxx USD at max

so no need to make that availabe to the world

typing into namepros = typing into google
and archive.org

•••
what convenience?
I hope not to make this too distracting with long discussion but I viewed convenience from two viewpoints. Yes, fairly fast to go to NameLiquidate search, but even faster to click and see if it is still active and what current bid is in one click. As mentioned, virtually every list I read of expiring names do have links (obviously for affiliate, that these do not, but I think also convenience).

I think the greater convenience is to the person posting, and fear if we make it too hard even fewer will put in the effort. Yes, not much work but now I need to add a bunch of spaces or slashes to each name to mask it. If I have 10 names, a bit of work.

Anyway, that is how I view it. We will see how people vote. I can't vote, but I personally would vote to keep the links. Makes making lists easier, probably adds some traction link SEO wise to the platform which is good for all of us in long run, and is the standard of what is done in the other threads in this section of NamePros.

But I am happy with whatever the majority decide.

Bob

•••
onee.co (not mine) might fine value as a DN hack for green, eco, climate change spaces Brandable for ev cars & others

•••
A few hyphens covering from cradle to the grave (not mine)

adoption-agency.com
post-partum.com
funeral-costs.com
digital-memories.com

•••
All these are ending within the next 17 hours:

BlackQuotes.com - Build your own inspirational quotes website. Formerly developed.

AmericanKosher.com - Amazing brandable for a food or snack company. Free logo with this one!

BarExamGames.com - Games to help you pass the bar exam. I might build this out if nobody takes it.

CannabisPsychology.com - A possible category killer for an emerging area of research.

DogBehaviorClass.com - Dog training is big business. This is a fine generic name with a lot of potential buyers.

•••
I am surprised Pariah.org is only at $15. Great bargain there at the current Buy Now price for a very cool one word .ORG. Over 6 million Google results for the term pariah and a $1400 Estibot appraisal.

Here's a few more with some age or history:

DentistSeek.com - 21 year old gem, obvious uses for the dental industry

JarStar.com - Formerly used a startup company that operated a digital savings program [link to news]

Lumenare.com - Formerly used by a software company called Lumenare Networks

Parcura.com - Super brandable. A former childcare referral network, acquired by FindABabysitter.com

SayNoToMeth.com - 14 year old domain formerly a developed site

Last edited:
•••
Just listed Find.Express
GD 4300
estibot 840
Might be a bargain for someone?

•••
I hope not to make this too distracting with long discussion but I viewed convenience from two viewpoints. Yes, fairly fast to go to NameLiquidate search, but even faster to click and see if it is still active and what current bid is in one click. As mentioned, virtually every list I read of expiring names do have links (obviously for affiliate, that these do not, but I think also convenience).

I think the greater convenience is to the person posting, and fear if we make it too hard even fewer will put in the effort. Yes, not much work but now I need to add a bunch of spaces or slashes to each name to mask it. If I have 10 names, a bit of work.

Anyway, that is how I view it. We will see how people vote. I can't vote, but I personally would vote to keep the links. Makes making lists easier, probably adds some traction link SEO wise to the platform which is good for all of us in long run, and is the standard of what is done in the other threads in this section of NamePros.

But I am happy with whatever the majority decide.

Bob
It is possible to mask the domain but still include a link (though there is of course a little bit of work involved). When I posted here I included a space between the name and the extension which was my quick attempt at masking the name to an extent while still maintaining its readability. A whole lot of slashes makes names difficult to read quickly. Now, before someone says it - yes, I suspect MyDomain .com is more likely to be found by Google's spiders than My//Domain//.com, however it is a lot more readable while maintaining some form of masking. Or perhaps we could agree on MyDomain/com? But I don't know - is that any less likely to be found by G than the version with the space? Can any expert comment on that?

•••
Here are a few from NameLiquidate (one is mine). I decided to restrict my picks today to those with no bids at time of writing.

raretoshare.com Sharing economy is here, maybe a site for sharing unusual items? No bids. 18 yo
copyrights.global Work for some sort of rights clearance site or nonprofit organization.
whyitworks.com 3 words but this 8 yo name defines a popular area. No bids as of now.
friendlane.com No bids on this aged name that seems elegant for social media. Just few hrs left.
bakehouse.net This 14 yo net suits to some sort of cooking or recipe site No bids
catfacts.net Cat lover who wants to make a site with interesting facts about cats? This could be yours!
find.express High value word that makes total sense with .express TLD.
odot.co A number of short .co, I like the memorability of odot (o plus dot).
bidsplash.com Memorable 12 yo name for some kind of auction promotion site possibly
mybits.org Short, easily remembered .org could be used in a variety of ways

And to end with one of mine currently at NameLiquidate:
create.best Positive domain phrase, $2k Estibot, create in .com currently for sale for $3 million, the word create is taken in 303 TLDs. Standard .best renewal of less than $20. Possibly regret putting this one up!:|

There are currently over 1500 active listings at NameLiquidate, so this is a small sampling.

Why not post in the thread some of the names that caught your eye?

Have a nice day everyone, and best wishes in buying and selling.

Bob

(I have for now left links, since the few that voted with like/thanks to the question seemed to favour that. As I mentioned, the practice of unmasked links is consistent with other domain lists in this section of NamePros, and no prices are given.)

EDIT: The mods have moved this thread to here, based on logic that some of the domains at NameLiquidate are not expiring or expired so the lists cannot go in that section. This placement will make it more difficult for thread to be noticed, but I hope readers who find it useful will try to keep the thread active and used. Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
The auctions were very active this morning and last night due to a slug of very strong names getting picked off long before they hit their reserves. A couple of new features to highlight:

Bargain Bin is live!

We finished a new "Bargain Bin" section where domains that hit their reserve will be held until they become locked or the auth code fails. There are some deals in there for sure.

https://nameliquidate.com/bargain

upload_2020-2-7_8-49-25.png

Filters are live
You asked for it and as promised, filters are live. Right now there are 1505 domains in the 7 day liquidation action. As the volume of inventory continues to grow, the filters will become a bigger factor. This combined with proxy bidding makes it especially worthwhile for people who have more money than time.

Overall, I think it is turning into a very nice solution for buyers and seller. Domain delivery is also really solid, including for the non-Epik domains. We have one case where a domain will need to be delivered at Godaddy because GD put a lock on a name.

We had a case where a seller attempted to renege on a sale, mostly because he was confused about the auction format. In the end he made good and is a happy seller. It was a reminder to make the onboarding process intuitive. Not everyone knows how reverse auctions work.

Thank you for liquidating.

•••
Expresso.Express
May be of interest to someone.

•••
A couple more.
PaytheAce.com
Flight.Direct Estibot 2600.

Last edited:
•••
Bargain hunters will also want to follow this:

https://marketplace.epik.com/daily-diamonds

Moments ago, someone who is very effective at Epik, bought the domain name PersonalHealthRecords.com for $9. This is a 2007 registration in an area that is no doubt going to get some innovation in the 2020's.

The same buyer just picked up Bali.Wedding also for $9.

Etc. If he starts a domain hedge fund, I think I will back it.

Daily Diamonds is our other Dutch auction. The inventory is fresh every 24 hours. It is Epik's exclusive expiry stream. The inventory there keeps improving.
Hey Rob!

How does Epik workout what does in the daily diamonds.

I’ve listed a bunch on Epik - that should’ve definitely featured as they were total steals :)

•••
Hey Rob!

How does Epik workout what does in the daily diamonds.

I’ve listed a bunch on Epik - that should’ve definitely featured as they were total steals :)

Aha, we should make that more clear in the UX. I think many folks around here know that this is a our internal expiry stream -- domains that are listed the day before we delete them to redemption status.

The term "diamonds" was a reference to "diamonds in the rough". There are a few folks who are building some very nice portfolios off of the backs of NameLiquidate and Daily Diamonds.

@Ala Dadan, @Sumeeth - Check the UX and review to make more intuitive.

•••
I fear that we will get lost in this seldom traversed part of NamePros, but for a few days more plan to keep listing some names I notice, and hope that others will do so too, please!

First for some names that are not my own:
d-ledger.com This could mean distributed ledger, a nice blockchain connotation, no bids, just few hrs left
forotopia.com A lot of possible brandables, including this 4 yo one with topia ending. No bids yet.
slim.care $1600 Estibot on this one that has good across the dot match. No bids yet.
deliverra.com Another brandable, with a double r, many possible uses, 2 yo, no bids yet.
simplecredit.net Memorable .net
motor.care Huge area for this great across dot match. 2 yo, no bids.
groow.ca Not many .ca on NL, but this double o could be used in gardening, canna, investment.
photostock.co Also have photoedit in .co on NL. No bids yet.
nametornado.com Periodically see people looking for a name for branding/naming.
tswa.org Probably numerous acronym possibilities here t, a especially, in this 7 yo 4L .org without bids yet.
canadavacations.info This 5 yo could be developed into a monetized site.

And finally for one of my own....
delivered.fun Delivered monthly boxes a big trend, with various craft, food, reading etc. options. This could work well for a service with fun family activities. Also a cute name for a comedian personal site. No bids yet.

Thanks for reading. Why not add your own little list of picks?

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I hope others will add their own picks, but to try to keep a bit of momentum here are ones that caught my eye at NameLiquidate today.

dlsdb.com This short com already into $$$ and bid/ask will probably meet soon, so get it if you want it. DB nice ending on this 8 yo name.
hometestkits.org This 6 yo .org without bids currently defines an important commercial area.
y.gripe Yes, a one letter domain! No bids. Just over 1000 names registered in this TLD, but the one letter does make a nice phrase with the TLD.
masque.co This is the word for mask in French. Various applications in costumes, drama, etc., and no bids at time of writing.
alwaysrebels.com Versatile possibilities in this memorable 3 yo name. No bids.
moonpolis.com I'm a fan for astronomical themes and this 11 yo with no bids seems interesting, but how would it be used? Elegant name though! Now in last day at auction.
cooks.life Nice for kitchen aids, recipes, cooking hints and ideas. No bids yet.
best-website.org A descriptive 7 yo hyphenated org.
bluequilt.com Quilts are a niche, but a number of quilt related names in liquidation including this one. This 10 yo might be a brand inside or outside the world of quilting.
domain-availability.net A hyphenated .net, but it is descriptive. 7yo, no bids
funnyads.us Obvious site development possibilities here if you are into .us. Works as phrase with us as well as country code. 7 yo, no bis.
ideasforabusiness.com No doubt this 10 yo name descriptively defines what the site would be about. Only a day and a half left, and no bids.
me2.club No bids currently.
hollo.co This is a dictionary word, has a nice sound with the .co, no bids yet.
office-for-rent.com 3 word and 2 hyphens, but clear what this would be used for. No bids.

All of the above are not mine. And finally one of mine currently on the site:
crispr.pw CRISPR gene editing is huge scientific breakthrough, although with ethical issues. This exact match to acronym may be of value if we interpret pw as Personal Wellness for example, or as a site for a researcher using the conventional professional web meaning. The .com sold for 5-figures.

Why not share your own list of a few? Have a great day everyone!

Bob

PS Just in case not clear, there are no affiliate links in this message. I have not been compensated or encouraged in any way to produce these lists, and except the one of my own names, I have no affiliation with owners and don't even know who the owner is. I started this thread with the premise that many heads are better than one, and hoped to start a new model of community highlighting of interesting names. I have no association with Epik, although do like the idea of domainers getting a portion of the proceeds from their expiring domain names, and I am therefore a fan of NameLiquidate and have some of my names listed there. This selection is merely my opinion, in most cases based on limited analysis. Remember you should do your own research and you are responsible for your own domain investing decisions.

•••
I hope others will add their own picks, but to try to keep a bit of momentum here are ones that caught my eye at NameLiquidate today.

dlsdb.com This short com already into $$$ and bid/ask will probably meet soon, so get it if you want it. DB nice ending on this 8 yo name.
hometestkits.org This 6 yo .org without bids currently defines an important commercial area.
y.gripe Yes, a one letter domain! No bids. Just over 1000 names registered in this TLD, but the one letter does make a nice phrase with the TLD.
masque.co This is the word for mask in French. Various applications in costumes, drama, etc., and no bids at time of writing.
alwaysrebels.com Versatile possibilities in this memorable 3 yo name. No bids.
moonpolis.com I'm a fan for astronomical themes and this 11 yo with no bids seems interesting, but how would it be used? Elegant name though! Now in last day at auction.
cooks.life Nice for kitchen aids, recipes, cooking hints and ideas. No bids yet.
best-website.org A descriptive 7 yo hyphenated org.
bluequilt.com Quilts are a niche, but a number of quilt related names in liquidation including this one. This 10 yo might be a brand inside or outside the world of quilting.
domain-availability.net A hyphenated .net, but it is descriptive. 7yo, no bids
funnyads.us Obvious site development possibilities here if you are into .us. Works as phrase with us as well as country code. 7 yo, no bis.
ideasforabusiness.com No doubt this 10 yo name descriptively defines what the site would be about. Only a day and a half left, and no bids.
me2.club No bids currently.
hollo.co This is a dictionary word, has a nice sound with the .co, no bids yet.
office-for-rent.com 3 word and 2 hyphens, but clear what this would be used for. No bids.

All of the above are not mine. And finally one of mine currently on the site:
crispr.pw CRISPR gene editing is huge scientific breakthrough, although with ethical issues. This exact match to acronym may be of value if we interpret pw as Personal Wellness for example, or as a site for a researcher using the conventional professional web meaning. The .com sold for 5-figures.

Why not share your own list of a few? Have a great day everyone!

Bob

PS Just in case not clear, there are no affiliate links in this message. I have not been compensated or encouraged in any way to produce these lists, and except the one of my own names, I have no affiliation with owners and don't even know who the owner is. I started this thread with the premise that many heads are better than one, and hoped to start a new model of community highlighting of interesting names. I have no association with Epik, although do like the idea of domainers getting a portion of the proceeds from their expiring domain names, and I am therefore a fan of NameLiquidate and have some of my names listed there. This selection is merely my opinion, in most cases based on limited analysis. Remember you should do your own research and you are responsible for your own domain investing decisions.

Thanks Bob.

It is pretty active on the Sales side. There are some definite deals happening -- win-win for buyers and sellers. To help get the word out, I have asked engineering to experiment with a technology called ActivityPub that will allow us to syndicate a decentralized data feed of both domain sales and new listings. I believe NameBio and possibly NamePros will be interested in visualizing the data in a data widget.

@vitigo

•••
Just a couple that I noted while having a quick look. All with no bids. Sorry, no links – you can easily search:
GuitarEducation .com, 10y/o
InvestingGrowth .com, 10y/o
IdeasForABusiness .com, 10y/o. Long but nice exact match phrase. There are heaps of EMD’s in the current list.
WeldingRobots .info, 6y/o. I know it’s a .info, but still could be worthwhile.

None of those are mine.
Of the current list (of 1,353) 435 are 9 years old or older. That’s decent.

•••
A few I noticed today. None are mine. Sorry, no links – you can easily search:
Smidgins .com - 1y/o
Asheville .pro - I have no interest in the extension, but interesting to see that in there after Asheville.org sold for $3,000 in the NamesCon live auction.
Holologics .com - 5y/o - bid is at $9

Of the current list (of 1,714) 447 are 9 years or older. Someone listed another 350 younger domains and destroyed the ratio a bit!

•••
Here are a few I noticed today...

fussiness.com Dictionary word, closing in a few hours, still low $$ bid
wackii.net A fun name and possible brandable, 7 yo, no bids, only few hrs left
playoffs.icu The video sense of .icu works well with this sports name (disclosure: this one mine)
emerging.group Nice general purpose name without bids at time of writing
ruling.us Nice for US based legal or politics site perhaps, no bids
h-acker.com I find this hack of h-acker cute. No bids
telecritica.com 4 yo without bids, nice sound
venera.co A spaceflight series named this, nice ring as a possible brandable, no bids
flight.direct Nice across the dot phrase in this new extension with no bids
AR.center Just 2L with a versatile new extension.
gofr.org 4 yo .org starts with Go and ends with Fr offers definite possibilities. No bids yet.
STO.solar Some good acronym possibilities in the .solar extension.

Why not share a few that caught your attention?

Noticed several hundred new ones added since yesterday. Some quality new extensions, including very short ones, available. Many .com with 4 or more years of age.

Bob

•••
academicdiary. com EMD had a previous eCommerce existence see here (not mine)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back