IT.COM

discuss Highest valuation

NameSilo
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
I know that domain valuation sites valuations are to be taken with a pinch of salt but I was curious to know what is the highest valuation you've had ? I've just found what I think is a great domain available to reg, GV values it at over $6,000, Estibot says less than $100 !?@&%

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GD 6000 would be the highest I've ever seen a handreg appraised. The tool can fail but 6k domains are good domains in the majority of cases. Note, the higher the number, the better the domain tends to be but the actual number in no way relates to the domain's value.

In other words, there's a high chance it's a good domain. On the other hand, estibot is completely useless.

Last edited:
•••
GD valuation keeps changing, i have a domain which had GoValue of $5500, now it has GoValue of $4200

•••
What is wrong with GD search !? The $6000+ domain along with 2 others I checked, it categorically said were available to reg a couple of hours ago are actually already taken ! Arrgh ! No way were they all reg'd in that time ! Time to stop using GD to check availability, why do they list domains as available when they're not !

•••
Automated valuation tools are not accurate. The best valuation tool is....experience.

•••
Automated valuations simply cant take in all the info they need to for an accurate valuation. In a few years. there will likely be an AI assisted program that will be more accurate. I prefer the Nameworth valuations over most of the others...their numbers tend to be more realistic.

•••
Automated valuation tools are not accurate. The best valuation tool is....experience.

I am a little suspect of these tools, especially if not from a neutral third party. Lower values may discourage renewal, so the provider can scoop.

•••
As well, the opposite can be said, inflated values might encourage renewals of a domain that may not be worth it.

•••
GD 6000 would be the highest I've ever seen a handreg appraised. The tool can fail but 6k domains are good domains in the majority of cases. Note, the higher the number, the better the domain tends to be but the actual number in no way relates to the domain's value.

In other words, there's a high chance it's a good domain. On the other hand, estibot is completely useless.
Estibot offers more information than Godaddy making it less useless.

•••
Estibot offers more information than Godaddy making it less useless.

Well, I disagree. Estibot offers more low quality information. Their appraisals are dumb and random. They place too much value on search volume. The are so many trash TLD one worders which get appraised at five figures. Their comparable sales are also dumb and random.

GD appraisal has some sort of algorithm and it often shows domains "similar in spirit" which is actually impressive. This is especially true for brandables. They can pull off some similar sales even if the names are really different. Estibot, on the other hand, doesn't recognize brandables at all and pulls completely random domains. GD's tool is far more advanced.

In my view, estibot is 100% useless while GD is only partly useless.

•••
All appraisals are worthless. They gives false comfort to investor.

Both GD and Estibot value changes with time. Sometimes decreases and sometime increases.

XXXHolic.com, When we purchased it was $144,000

EFZG.com, it was $118,000 earlier

QJ.DE, Godaddy Value was approx $17,000 now.

•••
Govalue Most $x,xxx — high $x,xxx good tho.

Estibot Dont get me started...
Believe anything above $1,000 esti is good.

Nameworth highest valuation; but my favorite; and great support by @NameBuyer.com

Last edited:
•••
What is wrong with GD search !? The $6000+ domain along with 2 others I checked, it categorically said were available to reg a couple of hours ago are actually already taken ! Arrgh ! No way were they all reg'd in that time ! Time to stop using GD to check availability, why do they list domains as available when they're not !
Have had similar experience with GD.. has given me false hope many many times! Don't use them to check availability.

•••
If it is .com then it is highly valuable but I doubt that a .com with GD of $6000 is available for reg,

I bet that it is ngTLD because you can find many of these with high GD appraisal available all the time.

•••
I have a number of GD appraisals for old hand-registrations that almost 7K USD, including three in my signature.

I rejected a public offer of 10K on one of those domains on GD auctions platform quite a number of years ago, so the appraisal tool does not appear to have taken that offer into account.

Last edited:
•••

So what was the name? Something tells me it was false positive and the name is 10-20 year reg

•••

What's the creation date in whois info? Most of the time they show good domain names as available because of registrar glitch. I have many friends complain to me that they saw a good name available and after some time when they try to add those names into cart it says unavailable, then they blame GoDaddy or other registrars for bad business practice. But when I check whois those names are already many years old with multiple extensions taken other than .com.

•••
What's the creation date in whois info? Most of the time they show good domain names as available because of registrar glitch. I have many friends complain to me that they saw a good name available and after some time when they try to add those names into cart it says unavailable, then they blame GoDaddy or other registrars for bad business practice. But when I check whois those names are already many years old with multiple extensions taken other than .com.

I've noticed this also, but as the glitch is not confined to GD, I suspect it most likely has to do with data pulled from individual registry, be it a caching or timeout issue.

•••
125,000USD Nameworth, if I recall rightly.

•••
MY BJR.COM's valuation price is about $70000
It is worth?

•••
Well, I disagree. Estibot offers more low quality information. Their appraisals are dumb and random. They place too much value on search volume. The are so many trash TLD one worders which get appraised at five figures. Their comparable sales are also dumb and random.

GD appraisal has some sort of algorithm and it often shows domains "similar in spirit" which is actually impressive. This is especially true for brandables. They can pull off some similar sales even if the names are really different. Estibot, on the other hand, doesn't recognize brandables at all and pulls completely random domains. GD's tool is far more advanced.

In my view, estibot is 100% useless while GD is only partly useless.

My argument isn't about the end figure it is about the fact you have search information at estibot and cpc on keywords at google. Godaddy offers similar names sold and the algorithm of both is mainly traffic prediction. I guess we can use the tools differently as would already been looking at previous sales and know the information Godaddy would offer. So as a tool for information i like Estibot over Godaddy higher don't it make you feel good appraisals. The number at end isn't considered. We can use other tools to get this information but it is on offer.

Last edited:
•••
Back