Dynadot

High School Loan?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
My mother all of the sudden out of no where isn't able to pay for my sister's schooling and now my sister is in public school. My sister loved the school she was in, but now she's back to her old ways of "getting sick" every day just to get out of going to school in the morning. She used to do the same thing when we were going through trial and error to try to find the right school for her. I offered to drop out so my sister could go to private school again, my credits are pretty much done for high school, but my parents wouldn't let me. My mother did say if I were able to pay my own tuition for the rest of this school year that she would be able to put my sister back in. I think it is more important for her to enjoy school while she's young so she loves it when she's older and works up a passion for academics. Is there any way that I at only 17 years of age could take out a loan for the rest of my high school year without letting my parents know? I'll just tell them I got the money off of ebay or something from a domain sale.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I feel for your situation, but I think that taking out a loan with no real assets behind you is a recipe for disaster. Good luck bro.

•••
peaches017 said:
I feel for your situation, but I think that taking out a loan with no real assets behind you is a recipe for disaster. Good luck bro.
:p. Well I was going to take out a bigger loan for college than I'm considering now, but it's for education so I don't mind the "disaster" part. Every time I refer to the loan I plan on taking out for college I call it the "big ass life ruining loan."

Thanks for the luck.

•••
You're 17, age of consent is 18, I doubt you'll be able to get a loan without your parent's cosign. Maybe try to find an after school job would help if you have time.

Good luck.

•••
Public school isn't so bad.. >_>

•••
Dan said:
Public school isn't so bad.. >_>

If she actually liked the public school I wouldn't be so compelled to want to get her back into the private, but I think the worse thing is for a kid not to like school because that easily means they wont care about their grades or the effort they put into their work.

AzN said:
You're 17, age of consent is 18, I doubt you'll be able to get a loan without your parent's cosign. Maybe try to find an after school job would help if you have time.

Good luck.

My other friend gave me that suggestion. And I really want to try, but I'm also really involved in my school.

Last edited:
•••
As selfish as it may sound, you need to not drop out of school yourself. You said you were 17, so I'm assuming your almost done with HS. Why dump your many years of going to school when your almost done?

If you are really set on getting your sister back into a private school (and from your first post I take it you are in one as well), why not switch with where she is now? You goto public and she to private?

Maybe I'm not getting it all since I've always gone to public school, but whats the difference between your sister not wanting to goto a public school and faking sick, and her not faking sick just for the other school? To me if she can't attend class in the first place how do you know she goes to the ones at the other school?

•••
InvertedVertex said:
As selfish as it may sound, you need to not drop out of school yourself. You said you were 17, so I'm assuming your almost done with HS. Why dump your many years of going to school when your almost done?

If you are really set on getting your sister back into a private school (and from your first post I take it you are in one as well), why not switch with where she is now? You goto public and she to private?

Maybe I'm not getting it all since I've always gone to public school, but whats the difference between your sister not wanting to goto a public school and faking sick, and her not faking sick just for the other school? To me if she can't attend class in the first place how do you know she goes to the ones at the other school?

Well for one, she's only 8 and she can't just cut class public or private as 8 year olds in school usually don't have the freedom (at least not when I went to school at that age) to switch classes on their own. And well, I know she went to school and got really good grades at her old school because her report card was the big news whenever she would get it.

And I'm not dumping those years as I still have those credits. My mother said it's harder for her to find me a high school senior year of my education than it is for her to find my sister a school so she said I'm not going to public school. I've suggested that to her many times to allow us to switch before I actually went back to school and started the year.

As for finding a job, I've been looking around since I first posted and a lot of the places I've looked at want you to be 18 and free for a full time job.

•••
Humdizzy said:
And I'm not dumping those years as I still have those credits. My mother said it's harder for her to find me a high school senior year of my education than it is for her to find my sister a school so she said I'm not going to public school.

When I said dumping those years I meant that by not getting your diploma, you have just wasted years of work.

Overall, I do see your predicament since you want your sister to do good in school yet can't do a whole lot for that at the moment.

•••
I believe she's getting better adjusted now, or maybe it's just the weekend. But she doesn't seem to be as miserable. I think she'll be fine. That initial week for her (and me to see her like that) were grueling though.

Last edited:
•••
Be Thankful she's 8 and not a teenager.

I deal with it all the time, (i am like 1-800-help line for friends). Anyways most teenagers in a public school and hate it that bad and all tend to get off a clear and soild road and things like drugs and massive drinking take over.

Shes at a age where she's still afride of boys and all so not much to worry about yet, sounds like you'll be out of school this year so hopefully that will help next year and i am sure once she meets soem close friends school will get better.

Of course i know how it is, i droped out of public school my self because people are idiots and don't know how to act there age at 15 - 16. It bugs me to death, theres a reason i work online haha.

•••
I don't know how the public schools are in the states, but everyone in Canada is in public school, more or less. But I wouldn't take out a loan if I could avoid it, and after school job is good, or get working on some stuff on the net to get some cash flow.

Or... MOVE TO CANADA! But that's going a little too far.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back