IT.COM

advice High Indian edu traffic

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi All,

Our domain Exam.org gets an high monthly organic traffic mainly coming from India.
It gets an average of 10k/unique per month but on parking it makes just few $xx/month which's a real waste of its potential in my opinion.

Any other idea to try monetizing better this kind of educational traffic ?
Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should probably try to sell educational content from vendors like Byju’s.

•••
Perhaps create a basic website with 1 page on each key Indian exam (or international exam Indian students take) and monetise with affiliates, adsense or direct advertising?

Or create an education-related directory using either affiliates or paid listings?

•••
Yes it's probably worth the effort to be turned into an Indian educational directory to monetize with paid listings and other related affiliate programs.
It's not an easy job but I'll still do some research about it.
Considering its strong traffic this may produce an interesting monthly income in the mid-term period.

Thanks for the advice

•••
Same problem. Webmail.co.in parked, plenty of traffic vlow income.

•••
Low parking income for our Exam.org as well and for this reason we're looking for a better way to use such traffic.
Low parking income means people are not finding what they're looking for ...

•••
Indian traffic was always very cheap regardless of any keywords or other optimizations.

•••
Indian traffic?

Bro look at the big picture.

Exam.org; this is worldwide brand, despite .org

Last edited:
•••
Of course Exam.org is a strong keyword for the world edu market but unfortunately 95% of its traffic comes from India so we were looking for an easy way to monetize it ... But it's not so easy it seems :)

•••
If you do not know what exactly indian visitors are looking for... and why did they arrive... (except generic EDU + IN theme) - why not to ask? :) Stop parking it for a month or so, host it somewhere with 1 page website - a form asking "what exactly are you looking for at exam.org?", one field + big "submit" button. No need to ask for name, e-mail etc. Just one question. If these vistors are humans - some will respond. I tried this with domains of similar nature (unusual traffic peaks from specific geo). It worked. This may help to better understand how to monetize this traffic.
However, since it is IN traffic - the monetization is "misson impossible" imo... it is not strange that the parking pays 2 figures monthly. What is strange is that the earnings are above zero.

Last edited:
•••
Wow this's for sure a gread idea.
Knowing from visitors what they're looking for will open my mind on how trying to monetize this traffic.
I totally agree we'll not get rich with it but trying to make $150/200 per month may be a fair goal once we'll understand what putting there.

•••
You may also try ZeroClick account with Bodis.com, ask them exactly about this type of account.
Very often it helps to earn more than using retro Google feed.

•••
I didn't know about the ZeroClick service offered by Bodis but I'll check later.
How does it work and what's the advantage in few words ?

•••
I didn't know about the ZeroClick service offered by Bodis but I'll check later.
How does it work and what's the advantage in few words ?
you got paid per views instead of paid per click.
don't be too excited, the payout could be also a fraction of a dollar cent for every unique if the traffic is coming from india.
Btw maybe you could have a better daily payout than with G feed.

•••
Got it, I'll try :)
Nothing has been done yet because in these days we're busy with other priority projects but it will be surely worth a look.

•••
I just checked your site and instead of normal parking page, it is directing to some external sites. No wonder if you are not making good parking revenue.

Please do check your domain's reputation before putting any serious effort or further investment. I hope it will not be in the grey or spam list of Google.

Last edited:
•••
Yes you're correct.
It's parked with Sedo which redirects part of the traffic (probably the one coming from some specific countries) to external sponsors as an effort to increase the parking rev. I guess.
Such form of parking may sometimes affect seriously the domain reputation, true ...

•••
•••
Very useful guide.
I'll have a look later once back to the office, thanks a lot.

•••
you got paid per views instead of paid per click.
don't be too excited, the payout could be also a fraction of a dollar cent for every unique if the traffic is coming from india.
Btw maybe you could have a better daily payout than with G feed.

Thats an interesting concept. Could you please explain how it works, please?
Thanks

•••
@DomainEmpire.com I had a similar site which was a .org math related domain (traffic india and philippines). I sold that domain cheap could not make money with it but the new owner shared some his stats months later. He converted it to a mini site focus on studying abroad with math related courses. He was able get a reasonable return for his traffic.

•••
Thanks for sharing your experience @thegeekguy
We don't have time to develop a website from scratches but we may surely look for a small Indian exams related portal to buy and to move on Exam.org as a possible way to monetize it a bit better and this sounds for sure like a good plan.

•••
Global listing platform with a national exam calendar for each of the 193 UN member countries https://www.un.org/en/about-us/member-states. Serve ads on each page in that language for EXAM PRACTICE TESTS. It's a big project and commensurate rewards if you rock it. Start with U.S. and A then branch into other countries where English is spoken widely.

Last edited:
•••
It's worth a look and a try.
I'll take care of it as soon as I'll find some spare time, thanks a lot for recommending this service.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back