Dynadot

Hi, I'm Aïman

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

iceberg53

Impact
Hi, my name is Aïman from Benin (West Africa)

I started learning about domain name investing just yesterday and I came here after reading an interview involving Ali Zandi

I came here for learning about flipping domain names and I'm interested in learning anything useful.
I don't think being experienced enough to know what is useful or not so I'm willing to take anything available.

My main project before landing here was an affiliate marketing site at freetiers.com, a domain name I purchased few weeks ago.

My intent was to build a directory of free tier offers from internet companies (cloud, hosting, ....) to allow easier bootsrapping for entrepreneurs.
I would then make money through purchases performed by those looking for offers beyond the free tiers with affiliate links, coupons and so on.

My short term goal is to build a passive income stream that will cover my basic need so that I'll be able to focus on bigger projects. After discovering that it's possible through domain name investing, I'm reconsidering my plans and I will eventually drop all of my projects for diving only here and making a living out of it .

I initially planned to go for a startup project after reaching my passive income goal but I'm now thinking about investing heavily in domains and websites flipping.

The only domains I own are the following:
  • freetierproducts.info
  • freetiers.com, .org, .net
I'm not a domain investor yet as noticed through the few posts I read that it's better to learn before spending anything. I would want to learn the basics first and then proceed accordingly and I hope Namepros will help me achieving that.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hello and welcome to nps! Nice intro and you are approaching this correctly.

Take the time to learn...there is a ton of info on this site. Use the search feature and take notes along the way (it will save you from doubling back). This is not an easy way to make money but it can be fun along the way.

•••
•••
Welcome Aiman to Namepros.Read, research, make sure you understand what it is all about. Don't rush to buy every name. It's not a get rich quick business but also not impossible to get rich from it. It involves a lot of hard work but you must be smart also. Read every old blog about domaining, you will figure which one is informative and helpful.
Keep your day job if you are working for now and don't take every advice. Use your guts, remember it is your money that you are investing. Be honest in your dealings and keep your reputation. Plant your domain seeds when you are ready and wait for the harvest time when the offers and sales will come in. There will be dry spells with no sales and also when the sales will start to come in, so don't be surprised.

Lastly, Be very Patient in this business. It takes a lot to stay strong in this business. I was once a newbie:) and I am still here. I love namepros also(y).

•••
Hello!

With your background and now your interest in the NamePros Forum you should be ready to read away at numerous threads, posts and blogs that are relevant to your domain interests!

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
•••
Welcome and all the best.

Last edited:
•••
Really, thank you for the welcome. I will try to bring the best to this community in turn.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello Aiman / @iceberg53 .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

I think most of us got into domains because of projects that we never had time to develop! lol

You mentioned @Ali .. seems it's been a while since he stuck his head out in public. He had a few good shows on @DomainSherpa a few years ago .. and I think he helped @Michael Cyger develop some of the original course content at DNAcademy. He always had great insights to share!

Good luck to you going forward! :)

•••
•••
Welcome to the exciting world of domain name investing, Aïman!

The only domains I own are the following:
  • freetierproducts.info
  • freetiers.com, .org, .net

I recommend not renewing the .info, .org and .net domain names. They are worthless and not renewing them will save you $ next year. You can use that for better investments. Put them on non-auto renew.

I started learning about domain name investing just yesterday and I came here after reading an interview involving Ali Zandi.

I hope it was one of these interviews: https://www.domainsherpa.com/tag/ali-zandi/ :)

As for starting out, I suggest you watch every DomainSherpa episode you can before you invest. They're all free, thanks to the continued support and direction of Andrew Rosener and team at @MediaOptions.

In particular, start at the beginning and work your way to most recent of the DomainSherpa Reviews: https://www.domainsherpa.com/review/ Listen to what the Sherpas say about domain names, valuations (both retail and wholesale) and why they feel that way.

You should also watch these shows: https://www.domainsherpa.com/top-10-interviews/ And https://www.domainsherpa.com/do-not-register-trademark-domains/ is worth watching twice.

Good luck and welcome to the domain name investing journey!

Best,
Michael

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back