NameSilo

Hi, I'm Aïman

Located in ☆ Networking - Meet and Greet started by iceberg53, May 13, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. iceberg53

iceberg53 New Member

Hi, my name is Aïman from Benin (West Africa)

I started learning about domain name investing just yesterday and I came here after reading an interview involving Ali Zandi

I came here for learning about flipping domain names and I'm interested in learning anything useful.
    I don't think being experienced enough to know what is useful or not so I'm willing to take anything available.

My main project before landing here was an affiliate marketing site at freetiers.com, a domain name I purchased few weeks ago.

My intent was to build a directory of free tier offers from internet companies (cloud, hosting, ....) to allow easier bootsrapping for entrepreneurs.
    I would then make money through purchases performed by those looking for offers beyond the free tiers with affiliate links, coupons and so on.

My short term goal is to build a passive income stream that will cover my basic need so that I'll be able to focus on bigger projects. After discovering that it's possible through domain name investing, I'm reconsidering my plans and I will eventually drop all of my projects for diving only here and making a living out of it .

I initially planned to go for a startup project after reaching my passive income goal but I'm now thinking about investing heavily in domains and websites flipping.

The only domains I own are the following:
    • freetierproducts.info
    • freetiers.com, .org, .net
    I'm not a domain investor yet as noticed through the few posts I read that it's better to learn before spending anything. I would want to learn the basics first and then proceed accordingly and I hope Namepros will help me achieving that.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. BullDomains

BullDomains Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

3. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Member VIP

Hello and welcome to nps! Nice intro and you are approaching this correctly.

Take the time to learn...there is a ton of info on this site. Use the search feature and take notes along the way (it will save you from doubling back). This is not an easy way to make money but it can be fun along the way.

4. iceberg53

iceberg53 New Member

5. Skyvisum

Skyvisum Top Member VIP

Welcome Aiman to Namepros.Read, research, make sure you understand what it is all about. Don't rush to buy every name. It's not a get rich quick business but also not impossible to get rich from it. It involves a lot of hard work but you must be smart also. Read every old blog about domaining, you will figure which one is informative and helpful.
    Keep your day job if you are working for now and don't take every advice. Use your guts, remember it is your money that you are investing. Be honest in your dealings and keep your reputation. Plant your domain seeds when you are ready and wait for the harvest time when the offers and sales will come in. There will be dry spells with no sales and also when the sales will start to come in, so don't be surprised.

Lastly, Be very Patient in this business. It takes a lot to stay strong in this business. I was once a newbie:) and I am still here. I love namepros also(y).

6. WatchDogue

WatchDogue Top Member VIP

Hello!

With your background and now your interest in the NamePros Forum you should be ready to read away at numerous threads, posts and blogs that are relevant to your domain interests!

Welcome to NamePros!

7. Shamiul Alam

Shamiul Alam Established Member

8. Aryan B

Aryan B Established Member

9. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

10. Sulabh Sharma

Sulabh Sharma Top Member VIP

11. mani0307

mani0307 Top Member VIP

12. FolioTeam

FolioTeam Top Member VIP

13. DnFolk

DnFolk Top Member VIP

Welcome and all the best.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  14. iceberg53

iceberg53 New Member

Really, thank you for the welcome. I will try to bring the best to this community in turn.

15. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Devuu.com Moderator Gold Account VIP

16. OmarVG

OmarVG Top Member VIP

17. rubencouto

rubencouto DN Front VIP

18. awwalmb

awwalmb Established Member

19. andydotlol

andydotlol Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!