Dynadot

Hey everyone, I'm new!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AndrewAL20

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys!

My name is Andrew and I am very much a newb in regards to domaining. I had this website recommend to me by a friend earlier today and all I have got to say is "WOW"!

I've only spent a short amount of time on the site itself but I can already tell this is a community of people that likes to see others succeed. There are so many people just looking out for themselves nowadays and it's really refreshing to see a group that has a genuine interest in helping others :)

I became interested in domaining because I really want to be able to spend more time with my family. I was hoping that I would be able to work less hours if I were to make enough passive income through domain flipping. And even if that isn't the case, I still think it's a fascinating area that I'm eager to learn more about!

I truly hope that I can learn all that I can from everyone here and pass on what I know to others down the road :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome !
Domaining isn't a passive endeavor. You will spend more time keeping up with market developments, tracking. listing and keeping records of flips, searching for good buys, than the activity or income may be worth.= less time with family.
As a passive endeavor buying and waiting for a buyer to show up without effort, the income could take years to materialize.
Don't buy anything until you can successfully "mirror" 90% of practice trades with actual trades reported
buy following auctions. Pick out a few new listings you like and track what you think they will sell for and compare with actual sale.
It's very important to be able to know the re-sale range for a particular type of domain, before you buy.
This practice will go a long way in preserving your investment dollars and improving your return on time and money.
Then you will also know if the time spent is worth the income produced.
type examples: niche, broad category, geo's, shorts, numbers, keywords, country codes, brandables

When you do start buying check : failed.namewest.com to see if the domain is fail listed ( banned by google search)
Trademarks- avoid domains with high trademark risk and/or don't market the domain in the
category of the trademark or risk loosing it to a TM holder.
Namebio.com - for recent sales of domains in the same general category.

The quickest way I found to have more time for family is to have no debt. = less need to work full time.
Wish you the best !
Happy Hunting !
Thank you for the solid advice! While I don't know a lot about domaining, I have spent the last few years learning all I can about SEO. It sounds like I can apply what I know about niches and keywords to get a jump start on domaining!

Thanks again for your detailed reply :)

•••
Hi @AndrewAL20 and welcome to NP. Wishing you much success

•••
•••
Hey there @AndrewAL20
69340_07617dbb55d4be35cfb0e2cb64a888eb.png

•••
•••
Hello Andrew, welcome aboard! :xf.smile:

•••
There are so many people just looking out for themselves nowadays and it's really refreshing to see a group that has a genuine interest in helping others :)

HeHe..... good, if you believe that then we are doing our job :xf.cool:
Now lets talk about how we can sell you a few domains :whistle:

Seriously, welcome aboard.... just remember its a business and we will hold your hand to a point. In the end this is a business and we DO sell to newbies who don't understand the craft yet. :xf.wink:

•••
•••
Hey guys!

My name is Andrew and I am very much a newb in regards to domaining. I had this website recommend to me by a friend earlier today and all I have got to say is "WOW"!

I've only spent a short amount of time on the site itself but I can already tell this is a community of people that likes to see others succeed. There are so many people just looking out for themselves nowadays and it's really refreshing to see a group that has a genuine interest in helping others :)

I became interested in domaining because I really want to be able to spend more time with my family. I was hoping that I would be able to work less hours if I were to make enough passive income through domain flipping. And even if that isn't the case, I still think it's a fascinating area that I'm eager to learn more about!
I truly hope that I can learn all that I can from everyone here and pass on what I know to others down the road :)
Welcome on board,
Just keep exploring NP, you will get lots of valueable info and knowledge about domaining.
Best of luck for your journey in domaining

•••
Hi Andrew, welcome to Namepros!

•••
•••
•••
•••
It's great to have you here, Andrew.

Your SEO experience will be useful in choosing domains. Hope to see you around!

Last edited:
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back