IT.COM

Hi I am brand new to this

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

decryn

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys. My name is Declan, come from Ireland and live in Austria, If you had asked me two weeks ago what domaining was, then my answer would have been a reasonably good guess, but a guess non the less.But I watched a video on youtube ( and have watched quite a few since) and became interested.. So I did a little searching, joined up to godaddy and in a flash of excitement typed in domain names, found they were never registered so I bought them ,more than I should have probably. Please forgive me for the moment that I wont say what they are but they are mostly in German and I believe if I am clever I can pretty much corner the market.... big claims I know but it is a small market so not as impressive as it sounds. And most importantly I haven't a clue what I'm doing. I am over 45 and not exactly a computer genius. I don't want to say what they are because I have a few very important questions before I go any further. The domains I am thinking of are all for online trade only.
Q1. I understand .com is still the way to go but, trying to appeal to a German 'speaking' market, should I also look at buying .de, .at, .ch etc.? If so, then I am not sure I can afford this.
Q2. are the same names, but in a different language allowed? For example garden.com is garten.com in German.or is that a problem.. another example would be bet.com in German is wett,com
Q3. Now that I have the domain names, should I open them and make some sort a page, or do I just put them straight into parking until I learn a little more. I don't intend on using them and wouldn't even know where to start.
I have many more questions for later I am sure but any help with these would be great.
Thank you very much
Declan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thank you all very much. I have been reading, and believe I may be on the right path. Very very interesting topics to be found..even found exactly what I was looking for :)

•••
great to have another newbie, best of luck
you are on great platform of NP,,,,

•••
Hello @decryn !

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back