Hi everyone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Germanhoney

Established Member
Impact
My name is Mona, and I need help. Well, I have these domains, spamattack.us.com, PTSD-demons.net, crochet-animal-hats.me,247vehicles.com, crazythings.us, 247vehicle.com. They are all good domains, and 2 of them have certifications and worth a lot of money. I want to sell these Domains and help a friend of mine to build an animal rescue in TX. She has 3 acres and needs material. I am a Hugh dog lover, and that's where the money would go. It just takes so much longer than I thought, and I am getting frustrated!
I hope it is OK that I posted this here.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to the forum!

Where you've gone fundamentally wrong is paying for domain name valuation certificates or believing automated appraisals; they're worthless in this situation. The next issue I see is unpopular ccTLD's being registered, as well as hyphens. I wouldn't ever expect these to sell for what those certificates say.

I know you have good intentions with your sales, but business is business. People aren't going to ante up and buy a domain name that isn't valued too high for the amount of money that you need in order to do good.

Welcome to NamePros, you'll learn a lot more here... and have success once you get past the stage that you're in. The information is all here, read all about it, practice it, fail at it, and then succeed. Succession is not guaranteed in any line of work, but at least here you have good people that will help you, if you listen. :)

As far as funding the organization now, I would try GoFundMe or another group funding site. A lot of people have the same views as you.

•••
Thank you. I like to learn and I will read and take advice.

•••
i think its impossible to not feel what youve felt. (or are still feeling) in this business.

welcome and ya, perseverance and patience, handle it women! :)

•••
Can you tell me how much each domain is worth? So I don't look stupid when I come at them with a price that blows them out of their boots

•••
I am German I have no patience lol :rolleyes:

•••
I just noticed that you're from Lakewood, WA. I know @Michael Cyger organizes a domain conference in that general area every so often. I believe the last one was at the Rightside HQ (registry in the area).

The site is www.dnseattle.com ; bookmark it, as well as www.domainsherpa.com (Michael's site) to follow up on those events. I'm sure being able to meet local domainers (there are about 10 that I know of) will drastically help you.

I'm a Washingtonian myself and planned on going to the last one, but I just left before it was organized (it was just in the planning stages at that time).

Sorry to be so brutal with your welcoming though. :)

Edit: use this forum for domain name appraisals.

Thank you for your service (as a military spouse). Of course I don't know what it's like, but knew the hours put my wife through tough times.

Last edited:
•••
i am Sicilian and ill have to declare peace treaty . My opinion would not be what you want to hear >.<
Unless you have solid proof of revenue, reasons to why a dashed domain is worth all this money your thinking(20$ *ops it slipped* haha im jk with you, but not about the price.. :P lol) but ya, youd have to show me analytics and solid traffic CTR low bounce high niche.

What made you thnk this to begin with?

•••
Ah, I can take that. I am a big German.

•••
I am getting bored really quick and try to find something new to learn all the time. I started with crocheting children's hats, but I started to get bored and I am really good in it, I draw and started wall painting till I had enough from that. Well, I had no walls no more. Then I started with woodworking learned about that. I did build, rebuild furniture to children furniture. But that got too hard for me. Then I started with the internet. And got stock. I do all kind of things.

•••
i would have 8 figures in liquidation (if i sold all domains) if it were the case like that. If i sold all of my domains at mid low cost for end user , its not 8 figures unless i find the golden acorns who pay 20k for a 50$ name.
more around just barely reaching near to 7 figure, prob high 6.

dash(-) = oww, -600% value. double dash oww, i have to pay someone to get it off my account.
lol thats a little out of proportion, but ya, dash = diminished of value majorly, What are your hopes?

Like 50 grand each? I hope not, nor anywhere near that.
247vehicles is probably worth 3x more than all the others put together, which isnt that high either.

Is your sites getting traffic? 10k+ uniques a day? Thats the only way i could see what your prices your aiming for to be plausible. Im only being honest so you dont get dreams up and crushed down.

but hey, dont llisten to me, i only started this game 5 months ago :)

•••
Ha ha you are a goofball. No I have no website. I was about to create one for my husband he fixed cars. But he got sick and is 100% disabled now so no need for the domain or website

•••
I am getting bored really quick and try to find something new to learn all the time. I started with crocheting children's hats, but I started to get bored and I am really good in it, I draw and started wall painting till I had enough from that. Well, I had no walls no more. Then I started with woodworking learned about that. I did build, rebuild furniture to children furniture. But that got too hard for me. Then I started with the internet. And got stock. I do all kind of things.
Most are able to quickly succeed by applying what they already know about a hobby into the domain name industry. Why not select a niche and focus on those names (drawing, crocheting, etc.)? That way, if sales don't happen as you expected, you can always learn a new skill of development a build an ecommerce site on what you already know, expanding from there.

If you examine portfolios, one I did not too long ago, it was comprised of nearly 7000 domain names in just the solar niche. They all redirect to the parent company. But, owning those domain names and even capturing a little bit of traffic from them can be much cheaper than Facebook and AdWords advertising.

•••
i cashed out my stocks into invesment fidelity stocks. it was too overwhelming while running an ebay business and brokering selling domains, buying and sniping expired gems. -- then add that on top of parking domains game.. i was hitting burnout mode.

i have sold a domain i bought for 1$ reg cost for 900$, but i made a logo and presented it correctly.

presentation will account for, in my opinion ofcourse, up to 85%+ of the cost. so if its done wrong.. then ya.
not to mention proper presentation can get you to make a 5 to 50k flip possible.

with a domain with dashes? unfortunately not..
domain prices are going to be based on numerical factors relating to quality of previous seo or current ability.
thats why esitbot is not a way to price a domain. It will price one of my 8k sold brandbles 5letter .coms for 50-250$ or maybe 0$. so what, i sell for 0$ lol

gotta have names people want, and hold until you find that super offering ppl or invest in LLL.com's to resell for 1kto30k+ profit. Just be careful, not good to spend that cash with not much extensive knowledge.
i cab help out with whatever btw too if you need something, just hit me up -- im gonna power nap right fast,
take care and welcome. ttyl

•••
Yes you right I know a kind of what to do and thats where the domain crochet-anima-hats.me came from. I had a blog but i deleted myself from my own blog by an accident and don't know how to get it back

•••
idk, i saw animal shelter funds and 3 domains i would have to be paid to get them pushed to me, so it gave me a whirl. (im joking about the domains being worth low. i mean its possible its worth anything.. anything lower than 5$) - oh, joking,right . (yeah sell em for 10k each, you got it girly) --- yea i gotta go. EDC las vegas tore me back..

•••
Thanks, I remember that. Have a good nap

•••
if you want to make money selling though, i give 50/50 to anyone who brokers (finds a buyer in my case of broker unless youve done it before profressionally) my domains. But, food for thought, i dont care eeither way itd be for you more as i am content holding mydomains due to parking. BU ti have atleast 200 more i need to sell

•••
I am happy if I have food on the table tomorrow If i sell one good domain i can get into the game

•••
Welcome to NPs @Germanhoney I myself am a huge dog lover, I have two adopted dogs right off the street that are my greatest friends. It's hard not to adopt more as there's so many around where I live.

Checking out your domains I can see which ones are your most valuable, you'll get a lot of good advise here on going about making domain sales.

Good luck and welcome again :)

•••
Thanks! Yes I am very happy about the help

•••
Hello Mona :) Welcome to Namepros!

•••
Hi thank you very much :D

•••
Let me also welcome you to the forum @Germanhoney ! Good luck with your sales,

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back