IT.COM

strategy Hi all! I'm new, need a little help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michelle McKee

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone!

I haven't been involved with any forums in forever, and I'm new here. Looking for a little help with figuring out how to deal with a small holding of decent domain names. Back about 10 years ago, I purchased 36 llll.com domain names, knowing they were long holds at the time. So far I have sold one, for $1200.00 here recently. I have 35 left, along with some other domain names I just haven't been able to let go of for various reasons.

I used to be addicted to purchasing domain names and thankfully that was at the time I was able to handreg 4 letters. Wished I would have hit 3 back in the day. :xf.grin: I think I'm ready to start selling a few domain names off now, and roll the cash back into a few more. From the 1200 sale I caught up with the rest of the year on renewals, and bought - I think 3 more names. So I'm more than willing to roll profit back in.

So far I have started setting up some of the names on my hosting account, and now I think I'm confused.

What would be better - for llll.com's - creating one "for sale" page on one domain name - and redirect all the domain names I want to sell to that one page - OR - setting up each domain name, put wordpress on them, come up with prices for them, and add buy now buttons - OR - set up each domain name, wordpress, adsense, keywords - let them ride. :xf.smile:

Thanks for any help, suggestions etc! If you have any tips for someone in my position, I'd be happy to listen!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to Namepros!

It would depend on what your goal is. If you are looking to sell them fast, you'll want to put them up for auction here or on one of the main domain auction sites.

If you want to get more exposure to end users, you might consider an option that costs very little and provides nice landing pages.

The least attractive option would be to set up wordpress sites for each name. The time/effort versus the return would not be good.

Do as much reading here on NP as you can to find what will work best for you.

Best of luck!

•••
Lots of options... start here with auctions or landers with 3rd party setup like Undeveloped, Efty or a slew of others similar to those.

•••
Awesome! Thanks creataweb and Silentptnr. I haven't looked at 3rd party setup yet, so I'll check that out this evening. I've also been going through my domain names to figure out what to sell. Some I will be using, so whatever I don't think I'll use in the next couple years or so can go, unless they are ones I should sit on for a while yet. I'll work on a list of ones to sell first, and see if anyone here might be interested.

I've been reading a little so far in here - looks like a great forum! I'm in no rush to sell any names, and definitely need to do some keyword searches to check on a few of them. Hopefully most are still getting searched like they were when I bought them. Some names I just flat made up, so who knows with those. LOL!

Guess I wouldn't mind using some adsense, keywords etc and build some of them out a bit for some traffic flow. Lots of work for sure. Most of my online work in the past has been graphics, ebook covers, website creation, some internet marketing, product creation etc. I haven't really went into "domaining" per se, other than buying. And occasionally dropping. :xf.grin:

•••
I think most wel sell through here and other main websites. Don't put to much development in them. Put them up for sale or create a landingpage with all availabilities but no wordpress etc. 4L will sell mostly quick

•••
Are they just mixed up LLLL or also words with a meaning?

•••
Are they just mixed up LLLL or also words with a meaning?

Hi Ricardo, they are mostly mixed characters. I have a few semi-pronounceable ones like mewq.com and tavq.com - I originally bought those thinking mewq would be great for cat lovers - and tavq would be great for tavern/bartending type stuff. :) I'm working on making a list to figure out which ones out of the domains I currently hold to sell first. I may go with a few Christmas domains first. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back