Dynadot

Hey NP, Can we add 1 important rule for the .tv Marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
How many times do we see a .tv domain listed in the .tv Marketplace, and wonder if it is a Premium Domain, or not...
Since we need to list a price on our domain, if it is a "buy it now", "fixed price", or even an "auction", we still need to add a start price. Well the "Premium Yearly Renewal Price" is a HUGE factor in our purchase decision. I get tired of "pm-ing" the Seller, or asking in the thread, or doing further research just to find out the actual price.

Is it possible to make this a mandatory rule in the ".tv Marketplace Rules"?
Thank You.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Agreed

...and when people ask politely for PMs because they don't want an open sale could we have a rule that says

people randomly throwing $300 (or any other fugure) bids publicly in a private message sale scenario is seen as offensive and extremely unprofessional.

•••
Agreed

...and when people ask politely for PMs because they don't want an open sale could we have a rule that says

people randomly throwing $300 (or any other fugure) bids publicly in a private message sale scenario is seen as offensive and extremely unprofessional.

Thanx Jimbo for the support.

I do love the .tv Forum here, but there is a massive level of inactivity from the members that are interested, and it is understandable...
People get frustrated and/or tired of chasing info, then our A.D.D kicks in,
and we're onto something else, so that means the potential loss of a sale/purchase for someone.

At least thats my excuse, lol

•••
This rule is now needed now more than ever since the verisign pricing restructuring. We have a lot of new interested .TV Forum members who can only rely on the sellers word of whether or not their .TV for sale is an ex-premium .TV domain and that is very risky.

Read this thread here...
http://www.namepros.com/dot-tv/652469-tv-beginner-needs-help.html

If anyone agrees with the .TV marketplace adding this ZRule please just post a simple something in the thread like an "I afree" or Yes, or something like that.

Anyone selling a legacy Premium .TV that has some crazy renewal fee, and not stating that fact, leading the buyer to believe it is a standard reg Fee renewal fee...Well they should have their account closed and never be able to come back.

Thank You,
Vito.

•••
•••
•••
Shouldn't this be posted in the NamePros Info & Suggestions location?

You are right.
That would probably be a better Forum for a Marketplace Rule change.

Well, whether it is here or there, It doesn't really matter to me.

Wherever you are visiting this thread, please add your views on this subject.
Shouldn't it be Mandatory that if you are selling a Legacy Premium .TV domain name, that you have to divulge the yearly renewal fee? I think that is just as imnportant as the price of the domain because it IS the actual price of the domain!

Your thoughts...

Thanks,
Vito

•••
Moved to NamePros Info & Suggestions :)

•••
Shouldn't it be Mandatory that if you are selling a Legacy Premium .TV domain name, that you have to divulge the yearly renewal fee? I think that is just as imnportant as the price of the domain because it IS the actual price of the domain!

Your thoughts...

Thanks,
Vito

I think there should be a statement in the Market Rules stating that it be required. It's then the responsibility of the buyer to perform the research which it is either way (I could claim it be regular renewal)

Willful misrepresentation should be a ban.

Verisign should have a tool. Domainmonster says that they have no way of knowing a drop is premium. If a registrar has no method - how does anyone have a hope! Otherwise we'll continue to rely on regular members.

At NP right now enough people to help.

External auctions are the real issue

•••
I think that this is an important piece of information to provide when selling. I will get with RJ and see if we can't get something worded appropriately to cover this issue. Thanks for the suggestion :)

~Rachel

•••
I think that this is an important piece of information to provide when selling. I will get with RJ and see if we can't get something worded appropriately to cover this issue. Thanks for the suggestion :)

~Rachel

Thanks a lot for your consideration of adding this "full disclosure Rule of TRUE legacy Premium Renewal Fees" to our NP .TV marketplace.

Thanks Rachel, and RJ :)

Vito.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back