Domain Empire

news Here we go again - 36,000 .BERLIN dropped

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

Like most of us probably expected, the majority will not renew there free new gTLDs. 36,000 .BERLIN were dropped today.

Personally I have never understood we you should register crappy names just because they are for free. They are still worth nothing. I would not register hgcd655.com, even if it's free, as I will not sell it in a billion years. The guys who actually could get good (or at least decent) .BERLIN for free, I'll just have to congratulate. However, I think that is kind of rare?!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well is think the gTLD program is picking up momentum... :D

They had a negative net gain on the last update. Doubt this will last though. Seems to be mostly caused by the .berlin drops.

namestat.org/s/newgtld-summary

New gTLD Total Registrations
- added 36,845
- removed 44,007
Net Gain -7,162

Personally I have never understood we you should register crappy names just because they are for free. They are still worth nothing. I would not register hgcd655.com, even if it's free, as I will not sell it in a billion years

spammers? Just bored?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back