IT.COM

Help with slow loading website.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I am having a problem with the loading of one of my websites *********. Since about a month ago it has developed quite a bit of a slow load time problem. It is hosted with Godaddy and uses wordpress. I have similar sites that share the same hosting and also the same theme package and they load super fast. This is the only one. This site is 2 years old and haven't done any updates to it in the last 6 months or more. After trying several steps on my own I called Godaddy and they swear it is nothing to do with the hosting/DNS. It must be with my ISP. I have called several friends that do not live in my area or even have the same ISP and they are having the same issues.

Steps already done:
-Updated all themes, plugins, etc.
-Disabled/removed all widgets/plugins.
-Removed any unnecessary codes/images/scripts etc.
-Cleared out all spam/user accounts/comments etc.

I would think if it was my ISP issue I could call someone in Florida and they wouldn't have the same issue. But Godaddy seems to think it is my issue.

I used a couple load time checkers such as pingdom.com and it is showing the time between initial communication with server and first Byte received is taken nearly 20 seconds. After that it loads rather quickly.

Are there any hosting experts out there that can attempt pulling up the site and see where it is hanging up at would be much appreciated. Also, if you could let me know if it pulls up and how long it took to resolve.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you tried contacting GoDaddy about the problem? It may be an issue on their end

•••
I have had this same issue, too. I need to speed my sites up as well.

•••
I wonder if you have solved your issue already, the OP?

•••
use a better host.
you get what you paid for.

•••
If you're using Wordpress, you're going to want to make sure that your host's servers are optimized for Wordpress.

1)If they have mod_deflate compiled you can compress your content to speed things up.

2)Install the Plugin smush.it to reduce the size of your images without loosing the quality of the images.

3)Install the plugin W3 Total cache as well. That will really help get things a bit speedier. Make sure you select Auto under Minify mode. It reduces load time by decreasing the size and number of CSS and Javascript files.

Let me know if you have any questions. You'll see some definite improvement with these 3 things but there are a myriad of other tricks to speed things up.

•••
Install W3TotalCache and Check Compatibility section which will tell if the host supports the "good stuff"

Good luck

•••
Your site took ages to load when I clicked on it, do you think your installation of Wordpress has been hacked?

•••
I am wondering like you have almost done most of issue related to loading time of you website, if this problem is continuing it may be the reason of server so you can try it with by doing change server.

•••
Hi everyone and thanks for your replies and help. After messing with it for a while and trying everyones suggestions I gave up for the time being.

Now it has been several months and I decided to dive back into it. Pulled up the website and it seems to be working great and loading much faster than before. I haven't touched it since my first posting here so not sure what happened. Tried it about a month ago and it was still doing the same thing. I suspected it was something to do with hosting and not the site itself which seems to have worked itself out.

Again, thanks for everyones help.

Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back