Dynadot

Help with GoDaddy forwarding and Meta Tags

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello.

I have about 30 domains registered with Go-Daddy and have them forwarded to Sedo......

When I set up the Forwarding options I was asked to tick a box if I wanted to Mask the domain....

If I choose to Mask the domain I am then given the option of filling out three further sections...... 1) is Masked Title 2) is Masked Description Meta Tag 3) is Masked Keyword Meta Tag.

Would someone be able to help me out with what I am supposed to type in these boxes.

I would be very grateful.

Cheers
Chris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Title of the Domain/Site is usually short and sweet , maybe a short sentence/phrase of what is on the site - If the actual domain is a keyword ,I'd include it without extension

Description is same as above except a bit longer with more details ~

Keywords are just that ... What keywords do you want people to use in a search box in order to find you ? Just include those -

***** Please note - if you use this option, you really need to do each one (Domains) individually unless all of these domains are based on the same subject ~ A lot of folks don't hold much faith in meta tags anymore - but i've found them to be useful on Developed or Parked sites ....

Hope this helps somewhat - hard to give any real examples without the actual domain ~

PS - You may also wish to use Ovt or other tools to find popular related searches for your terms here :

http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

Good Luck ~

•••
Thanks for the help.... just one more question though.

Do I have to include the Tags in these boxes?
For Example

Just suppose I am forwarding fishing.com.
In box one should I put....

<TITLE>fishing<TITLE>

Or do I just put fishing without the tags.....?

Sorry to be a pain.
Chris

•••
Nope - Just the words will do in the boxes - They will add the tags themselves ~

It's never a pain to help someone out :) - Just don't know the best answers always - lol

Good Luck ~

•••
Thanks a lot for your help.

It looks like I have been doing it right then, which I'm pleased about, otherwise I'd have to have gone in and changed all 30!

I was a bit worried cause I've had some of my domains for a few months now and don't seem to be getting any views on them.

Thanks for everything.

Chris

•••
It's easier (and better) to change the nameserves to ns1.sedoparking.com and ns2.sedoparking.com instead.. :)

Those title and meta tags (on the masked domains) wont help you anything in the Search engines anyway, since there will be no content on those sites.....

•••
You do not have to edit the domain one by one.
Just some guidance to mass edit in Godaddy if you need to in the future-:

1) To select all domains, first click on the scroll bar beside status and select "select all"
2) Then, click on the little white box beside Eg. "1-20 domain names" which will tick all domains
*3) Then, click "forward domains"
4) Next, you may click on "selected domains on this page only" or "all eligible domains"
5) You'll have to then click "click here to enable fields" to approve the mass edit
6) Then you can do the changes you want.

This is the general case for mass editing in godaddy. Just change option 3 into whichever category you want to change, and the rest are pretty much the same.

Flora.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back