Dynadot

Help please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello , i have created a web page on photoshop / publisher i need a total guide to uploading it on the internet etc.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
:hi: Welcome to Namepros.
First of all you will need a domain name and hosting for it. If you have a domain then there lots of sites which offers free hosting just check the Web Hosting Offer forum here. And if you don't wanna pay anything you can just use Yahoo PageBuilder, Lycos etc.

•••
Supposing that you already have a hosting account and hosting, you will need to get a FTP software. FileZilla (http://filezilla.sourceforge.net) is a good and free FTP software. Install and run the application, enter your hostname (ask hosting provider for hostname), username and password to login. Then you will see directories similar to windows explorer. then just drag-drop the files where you want them on the remote server.

•••
Since you are new to hosting / domains you might be confused about FTP. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol (this is they you transfer you file to the server that is going to host your site). But if you are not sure about FTP there are other ways to do this.

WildWestDomains offers resellers like myself (networkdaddy.com) and godaddy.com to offer something called websitetonight. The allow you upload your graphics without using FTP. You just select the picture with the BROWSE button and you can put your photo shop picture and place it on your site. It is very easy and takes most of the pain out of having to learn how to FTP or learning code for webdesign.

I hope this helps

•••
•••
A good FTP program is the ftp within Total Commander - I only use that.

All the best,

- SW

•••
Or If you have Windows XP Pro you could use it's own Builtin FTP
(part of NetWork Places)
Most HTML Editors have some FTP Capabilities As well

A lot of hosting Companies (Most ,if not all)
offers as part of their Control panel some form of File Manager
with File UPLOAD Features.
If you need any further Help PM me.
The days of Needing a Stand-Alone FTP Client
as the only means for File Uploading are Long gone.

•••
How do i use the built in FTP in xp pro? also is there a guide to everything i need to know incase i get stuck?

Any free websites that have "websitetonight" type service? FTP kind of buging me i cant get it to work : ( lol

•••
•••
•••
thank you that help me with some issues.

•••
but the best FTP Client is CuteFTP the easy the good the best. :) NVM.

•••
whteva the ftp software, the point is how familiar we are with the ftp software. it doesnt mater to use ftp in windows, but wht abt in linux? i've tried to log in to my domain using Kbear many times, but it cannot be connected anyway. ny1 could help me?

•••
i prefer smartftp, or if your site is in frontpage you can upload it to the internet easily, i think its under file-> publish

•••
any1 has problem solving 4 my question, pls

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back