Dynadot

Help needed

NameSilo
Watch

decades80

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi, I have domain registered at Godaddy and I have purchased VPS wP hosting at Dynadot. They are not replying through support. I have IP at Dynadot virtual hosting, so I would like to add AAAA record at Godaddy. The only question is what to put in the filed HOST? IP from dynadot, Coded IP or the actual domain name. Website is not resolving now.

best regards and thanks for your help,

Robert

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Paul Buonopane would be the man to ask there he knows all that stuff.

•••
Thank you. Managed to request the transfer at Dynadot, because I need glue records theyve sad and its not possible now to add subdomain, since my VPS hosting is on the main domain...

I really dont like the VPS hosting, so much work and the actual the website is on IP, so you have to mask it to be acceptable for Adsense. So much work for few bucks spared.

Last edited:
•••
Oh well transfer denied. Nothing is working at Godaddy, I cant do the glue record, I can not set an A record and I can not set an AAAA record, nothing resolves. And I am stuck with my domain 60 days, although I was thinking it will go thorugh, since the contact info didnt change with push and I managed to get Transfer code.

•••
Try putting @ as the host.

What's the IP address? AAAA records are only used by certain types of IP addresses. You almost certainly want an A record as well.

AAAA is for IPv6, which has numbers, letters, and colons ( : ).
A is for IPv4, which has four groups of numbers separated by periods ( . ).

Many users will be unable to access your website without an A record, as IPv6 isn't used everywhere yet.

•••
Didnt know about the @ sign, many thanks, Ive reached Godaddy support by email. Thinking even to move all of the domains from Dynadot somewhere else. They treat me like trash there and I have a super bulk pricing. "We dont offer support" and this was not the first time. And they needed almost 48 hours to reply and my website is offline. Had to get familiar with wordpress 2 days ago, but since "we dont offer support" had to duplicate the account admin panel Manually. It took me almost 10 hours to set all the plug ins and upload thesis and other apps. But now its working fine on the IP address.

•••
I ' d go for the IP only
forget v6

should be like

www A 123.123.123.123
and
@ A 123.123.123.123

then you are fine

Last edited:
•••
or you may want to use
cloudflare ( com )
you set it up there
and use nameservers of cloudflare
then you would be even more fine ;)

go for the free version
thats good enough

Last edited:
•••
Thank you both. I maybe know what is wrong that the fwding or any of the other record is working.
1. Domain.com is at Godaddy,
2:VPS Hosting is at Dynadot on IP.with Host name domain.com
3.Ive changed in WP admin panel the main link from IP address to domain.com
So actually its not possible to fwd the domain to IP, because there could be dis-synchronization.
4.I can not login to my WP admin panel now, nor request the new password.
All I need is to change VPS by root access and given password, or to change login details, but I think more appropriate is to change back the main link in WP admin panel back to IP.
If any of you reputable members is willing to do that, I can send you all the access data and passwords you need. Willing to tell you EVERYTHING I know about domain parking, or give you a cold cash to Paypal. :)

•••
•••
Or maybe its cached still :)

•••
The domain xxxx.m is no longer parked by GoDaddy.

Last edited:
•••
Great, thank you. Sent you the document how to find generic names with traffic :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back