IT.COM

advice Help needed... hand reg domain but is for sale elsewhere?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
May be previous owner listed it for sale at this prie.
Contact Afternic for its removal.

•••
Happens quite often. The previous owner probably never bothered to remove it from Afternic. Just contact them and explain the situation. It usually takes a few days for them to remove the old listing.

I've done it several times.

•••
Happens quite often. The previous owner probably never bothered to remove it from Afternic. Just contact them and explain the situation. It usually takes a few days for them to remove the old listing.

I've done it several times.

Thanks - will do.
Panic over!

•••
...or leave it there. If anyone shows interest at Afternic, they're bound to find you.

•••
...or leave it there. If anyone shows interest at Afternic, they're bound to find you.

Like it! ....only thing is the name is not IMO worth 20k.
I am going to do some outbound on it and don't want companies freaking out over the price

•••
No need to ask that much. All you want is someone to show interest and maybe make an offer.

•••
No need to ask that much. All you want is someone to show interest and maybe make an offer.

good shout, no harm in leaving it - free advertising at the end of the day!

•••
Just leave it listed, all the works been done.

Make sure to direct it to your landing page and keep the free advertising.

You bought a domain that has been dropped and listed by a previous owner.

No worries..... focus on answering offers to purchase if they come in instead (y)

•••
Just leave it listed, all the works been done.

Make sure to direct it to your landing page and keep the free advertising.

You bought a domain that has been dropped and listed by a previous owner.

No worries..... focus on answering offers to purchase if they come in instead (y)

cheers - gonna leave it and point to undeveloped

•••
THUG LIFE :
Send them a $10,000 offer from an anonymous ID. The seller will be scared as hell and immediately remove it.

•••
THUG LIFE :
Send them a $10,000 offer from an anonymous ID. The seller will be scared as hell and immediately remove it.

Lol - think I will go for the free advertising, though it would be nice to act like a thug for once

•••
Definitely have it removed from Afternic. It's associated with another person's account, not yours. You can email them to have it removed and relist for your own price. (Not $20k)

•••
Why not create your account at Afternic and list it under your account and your price....

•••
I've had to remove names that were previously listed. Relisted under my account to make sure if buyer hit BIN or make offer that I would receive the notification.

What would happen if you left it listed?
Probably wouldn't get a notification if it sold. Right?

•••
Definitely have it removed from Afternic. It's associated with another person's account, not yours. You can email them to have it removed and relist for your own price. (Not $20k)

Thought over the weekend about this - thanks for replying taking all the info on board I am going to reach out to the person tonight and advise on the situation - only fair thing to do

•••
Why not create your account at Afternic and list it under your account and your price....

yep - i have an afternic account - not got around to doing much with it though, time to change that as it it is another advertising option

•••
Thought over the weekend about this - thanks for replying taking all the info on board I am going to reach out to the person tonight and advise on the situation - only fair thing to do
Email Afternic. You don't need to email the person. Unfortunately, it can take 3-5 days to get a reply from Afternic.

•••
I had this happen recently with @Undeveloped. Sent a first contact via their chat which was not getting much of a response, so after about an hour I sent an email and wouldn't you know it, a split-second before I pressed the Send button, the chat got answered. After some details and checks the domain was added to my account within minutes.

I always say you can tell a lot about a company by its support and this instance has really sold me on this lot.

So yeah, send an email or phone Afternic, if you want it to be promptly sorted out I guess.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back