Dynadot

question Help me with my first coupon code site.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

INFJ

I.T. Infrastructure EngineerTop Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of running a coupon code site. I have a pretty good domain name to use (in my opinion) and I suppose the coupon codes I will be offering are in a nice niche of their own. My question for all of the coupon code site experts here is, what do you recommend as far as hosting package and the top coupon code site template(s), theme(s) and platform(s) to consider?

I know I will probably need to hire some help to maintain not only the relationships between my site and all of the respective coupon code owners (affiliates?), but also someone to update expired coupons, correct?

Does anyone have some good advice based on experience or can someone point me in the right direction so I don't fall entirely on my face trying to set this up? Any success stories to share?

Thanks and if you're a coupon code site consultant, I'd certainly be interested in speaking with you. (paid of course)

Thanks!

Sn952

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
givingassistant.org I actually use this website a few times, their design is probably the sleekest one i've seen in the category, maybe you can get some inspiration. good luck with your business.

•••
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of running a coupon code site. I have a pretty good domain name to use (in my opinion) and I suppose the coupon codes I will be offering are in a nice niche of their own. My question for all of the coupon code site experts here is, what do you recommend as far as hosting package and the top coupon code site template(s), theme(s) and platform(s) to consider?

I know I will probably need to hire some help to maintain not only the relationships between my site and all of the respective coupon code owners (affiliates?), but also someone to update expired coupons, correct?

Does anyone have some good advice based on experience or can someone point me in the right direction so I don't fall entirely on my face trying to set this up? Any success stories to share?

Thanks and if you're a coupon code site consultant, I'd certainly be interested in speaking with you. (paid of course)

Thanks!

Sn952

It's not something I would get into nowadays. That was my first type of site back in 2000. Used to rank #2 for the term.

"suppose the coupon codes I will be offering are in a nice niche of their own"

What does that mean? Do you mean something like coupon codes for just pet merchants? Something very specific or you want to have an all around coupon site.

"respective coupon code owners (affiliates?)"

You would be the affiliate. You have the merchant who usually has an affiliate program. If you post up their links/coupons, you would be the affiliate.

Unless you have a great plan for traffic, you will fall flat on your face as you mentioned. Some of the coupon sites today are being run by companies or more than 1 person. In the past this is something you could do on your own.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back