Dynadot

[HELP] How to push .co.uk domain free?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, I have made my first sale with a .co.uk name and have just found out that with Nominet, I have to pay a $10 transfer fee!

Is there a way to push it to my client without incurring fees? (free)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do not believe the fee can be avoided. The seller or the buyer will have to pay it. Following is information about this issue I read on a forum:

"To properly transfer a .co.uk you need to log in to the nominet.org.uk website and
initiate the transfer. A transfer costs £11.50 inc VAT which can be paid either by the
buyer or the seller. Unless the transfer is made directly through nominet, then it is
void...

Many registrars, including enom, moniker and slowdaddy will allow you to push "uk"
names... but this does not make it a legal registrant transfer.. the domain will remain
the original owners property..

The ONLY way to make a legal registrant transfer of a UK domain is via nominet, and someone
has to pay the transfer fee.

If you own a UK domain, you can easily push it to someone else, but you are still the
legal owner until the name drops, or the transfer fee is paid.

I'm a nominet registrar, that's why I know this stuff."

•••
Alright thanks. Shame I have to pay a fee :(

•••
For most ccTLDs the transfer of ownership involves a specific procedure through the registrar, unlike .com/.net etc where the whois can be edited at will.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back