IT.COM

Help, Experts, Please!

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Yes, l’ve been a Member for 11 years, but l’m returning from a 10-year sabbatical. And, boy, how domaining is changed! Back in the day, l could simply buy a domain name and just as simply post it for sale.

Now, not so simple it seems. What l’m looking for is a decent to top-notch domain-seller that doesn’t require one to hurdle several obstacles before trying to sell a domain name.

I have a number of low-echelon domain names that l’d like to try to sell, like MarriedNotBuried.com (the title of a successful stage play of mine) and Missterbate.com. The problem is that l bought these names super-cheaply (at Network Solutions) for a buck, and l’d like to find a domain-seller where l would have good exposure without having to deal with complicated subjects, like DNS and TXT.

I realize to most of you such technology is elementary, but my specialty is teaching English, and l suck technically.

Any suggestions? They will be much-appreciated, and, if you’d like, l will even teach you how to use the most-important punctuation mark on the planet—and one 99 percent of the population can’t use, the semicolon.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afternic is your best bet in that scenario.

•••
•••
•••
l would have good exposure without having to deal with complicated subjects, like DNS and TXT.
Unfortunately in this life you don't get anything out by putting nothing in. DNS isn't complicated, it's pretty simple as far as "tecnhologies" go. TXT is a DNS record that holds any text value.

If you're not willing to learn things, you'll forever be in the situation that you are now, at the mercy of others. You'll need to keep shovelling money to other people that did take the time to learn. You'll end up giving away your hard earned money that could have been invested in yourself, your portfolio, learning new things etc.

Good luck.

PS: I think you meant that domaining has changed :dead:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back