IT.COM

[Help] Copyright info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi I need to copyright about 7 templates. I've been looking at THIS site.

This page shows the charges, would I copyright each template seperately? Or copyright the main website there being sold at? Would that copyright all templates made from the site?

The site will sell forum templates multiple times. Like extremepixels

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You would have to copy right your company domain. Then add copyright 200) on the templates.. I went throught this my self on my site templaterave.com The copyright will cover the templates as long as you have that

Please leave me feeed back if this helped

•••
By creating them they are copyrighted. If you want to "register" the copyright that's another matter. The advantage of a registered copyright is that it can greatly help in a lawsuit.

•••
Well copyrighting them will help alot of people use them without paying and dont take them off ifI ask.
@templaterave: Thats what I wanted to know thanks! I added to your Rep. :)

•••
if you dont mind i would like to ask how much do you pay for copyright

•••
•••
or free by using snail mail.

•••
Why copyright them? Why not use a creative commons license? I have a friend who loves creative commons. Let people use your work as long as they link back to you, it is great :). Just a suggestion (and it is cheaper by approx 100% :P)

-Josh

•••
templaterave said:
add copyright 200)

This does not make it copyright. You creating the document makes it copyrighted.

•••
jmweb said:
This does not make it copyright. You creating the document makes it copyrighted.
Doesn't he mean after he has purchased the copyright thing or something :\

also, was that ) ment to be a 5 or someting?

•••
•••
or free by using snail mail.
I don't understand what it is that, can you explain?
thanks.

•••
Can't i just write copyright 2005 or do i have to pay for copyright?

Last edited:
•••
Many people just wright the copyright and just leave it at that but to be safe i would go all the way!

•••
jmweb said:

True, technically "publication is copyright," as the saying goes. But to the general public, it's always best to show your "legal intent" to have a particular work considered as being copyrighted.

(Lots of stray information is just slapped onto various sites on the net by folks, without any thought or desire to have it considered as a cohesive body of work by them, let alone worthy of any sort of protection.)

The usual form is this: Copyright © 2005 Joe Shmo

This statement is also often added below: All Rights Reserved

(However, copyright rulings in recent years have declared that this old ARR appelation is no longer deemed necessary.)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back