Hello to everyone

NameSilo
Watch

CRAIG OWENS

Established Member
Impact
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new domainer here
My name is Craig Owens and I live in the UK.

I am still very new to this( about 1 month) so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am in the process of trying to learn as much as I can about this industry before I buy too many domain names

However I could not resist buying a few domains, one of which I would appreciate your opinion on.
I bought ExchangeHive.com about a month ago.

My reasoning was that with the keyword "exchange" in it, it could potentially be used in the money market,
even the crypto market. Since then by sure coincidence I found out that there is actually a cryptocurrency
called HIVE. So i figure that this domain name therefore takes on a more appealing meaning.
Most of the people who are asking for crypto names state that they want only names with "crypto" "block"
"chain" etc in them which on the face of it rules mine out. But maybe they are not aware of HIVE as a crypto currency.

My problem is I am so new to this I am not sure how to go about selling it.
e.g. do I just list it on a website and wait or are there more productive ways to go about it
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Craig

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yo Craig! Whazzup?
Welcome to NamePros :)

•••
Welcome!! Start Trolling everybody! :xf.grin::ROFL::xf.laugh::smuggrin::hilarious:

•••
•••
•••
However I could not resist buying a few domains, one of which I would appreciate your opinion on.
Brandable name! Might want to check our this part of the forum,
https://www.namepros.com/forums/brandable-domain-discussion.362/
and or
https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-appraisal.3/

Namepros_Welcome_briguy_BrianMc_(Myway2fortune.info).jpg

•••
•••

Welcome to NP! I’m a bit new myself, but have been around domains for long time in the tech field. Although I think your crypto use example is better, you could also pitch the domain to an interested party in the tech field. Exchange is the Microsoft email server platform and Hive is used commonly throughout technology, including Microsoft. Do a search for “Microsoft Exchange Hive”. Microsoft relies on third party “partners” to implement it’s technology.

Good luck, Mopho

•••
Hello Craig, Glad to meet you.

I personally like ExchangeHive. Not only it relates to the currency Hive(which may make it valuable in future , not sure if hive is a trademarked term but in any case it's also an english word) but also as a Brandable in general.

If you list it on marketplaces like Sedo, Afternic, Undeveloped etc. as make offer, you would be potentially marketing it to thousands of customers and there is always a chance that someone else may like it just as you did.

Good Luck to you!

PS: Just to add, hold on to it for atleast one year to see if you get any enquiries... Sometimes it needs a bit of luck but if I was in your place I would hold on to tjhis domain for a few years atleast because I personally believe it certainly has potential as a brandable.

Last edited:
•••
•••
OK Many thanks to "Domain Auctions"
I may well keep it for a while

Kind regards

•••
OK Many thanks to "Domain Auctions"
I may well keep it for a while

Kind regards

Craig, On second thoughts , see what comes out of the crypto currency Hive, if it gains traction you might have a chance, 1-2 years i think should give you an idea...

However, do not registering all crypto currency names might not be a good option since these are too many (over 1000) and we do not know which ones will succeed , you could burn money there.

So it would be best to register keywords with common / wide usage / general use products / services etc. For example - Crypto Exchange instead of Exchange Hive or things like shoes/ kids shoes / travel agency etc... you get the idea...

For brandables it is preferable to register short names , mostly one word but two if short. You can take a look around this site to see what has sold to get some idea.

Generally names with wide acceptance, you and me might like Exchange Hive but we do not know for sure who else would like it but when you have common words they have more potential as wide usage is already established.

Domaining being speculative in nature , renewal costs when you have lots of domains can easily burn money so it is better to register only those domains which you think would have wide acceptance.

•••
Welcome to NamePros Craig!
I hope you'll enjoy your time here...

•••
•••
Craig, On second thoughts , see what comes out of the crypto currency Hive, if it gains traction you might have a chance, 1-2 years i think should give you an idea...

However, do not registering all crypto currency names might not be a good option since these are too many (over 1000) and we do not know which ones will succeed , you could burn money there.

So it would be best to register keywords with common / wide usage / general use products / services etc. For example - Crypto Exchange instead of Exchange Hive or things like shoes/ kids shoes / travel agency etc... you get the idea...

For brandables it is preferable to register short names , mostly one word but two if short. You can take a look around this site to see what has sold to get some idea.

Generally names with wide acceptance, you and me might like Exchange Hive but we do not know for sure who else would like it but when you have common words they have more potential as wide usage is already established.

Domaining being speculative in nature , renewal costs when you have lots of domains can easily burn money so it is better to register only those domains which you think would have wide acceptance.

•••
Many thanks "Domain Autions" for your good advice,
even though I am new I have not rushed in to buy many domain yet as I realise that without knowing
what I am doing I could lose a lot of money.

I have only bought 4 domains so far and that is the one one linked to crypto

Kind regards
Craig

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back