Hello to everyone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CRAIG OWENS

Established Member
Impact
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new domainer here
My name is Craig Owens and I live in the UK.

I am still very new to this( about 1 month) so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am in the process of trying to learn as much as I can about this industry before I buy too many domain names

However I could not resist buying a few domains, one of which I would appreciate your opinion on.
I bought ExchangeHive.com about a month ago.

My reasoning was that with the keyword "exchange" in it, it could potentially be used in the money market,
even the crypto market. Since then by sure coincidence I found out that there is actually a cryptocurrency
called HIVE. So i figure that this domain name therefore takes on a more appealing meaning.
Most of the people who are asking for crypto names state that they want only names with "crypto" "block"
"chain" etc in them which on the face of it rules mine out. But maybe they are not aware of HIVE as a crypto currency.

My problem is I am so new to this I am not sure how to go about selling it.
e.g. do I just list it on a website and wait or are there more productive ways to go about it
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Craig

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hey Craig. Welcome to nP. I'm in UK too. Scotland :)

•••
•••
Welcome (y)

The domain is awful, but I also dislike almost every other name to do with 'crypto' on these forums. Total mania, no real end users, just a hot potato passed from one manic investor to the other.

Last edited:
•••
•••
HiveWallet.com sold for $606 on namejet and HiveExchange.com is registered and re-directs to HiveXchange.com.au so personally I think you do have a good domain with some potential. You could try contacting the owners of HiveXchange and see if they'd be interested. It's a long shot but always worth a try.

•••
Thanks Any for your reply and guidance - much appreciated

•••
Welcome to NP @CRAIG OWENS Your domain is decent enough. you should list it at afternic sedo etc

•••
•••
•••
Hi,

Welcome to the Jungle where we have fun!

•••
•••
•••
First on topic so I don't get deleted....

Welcome aboard Craig

Now..............................

Welcome (y)

The domain is awful, but I also dislike almost every other name to do with 'crypto' on these forums. Total mania, no real end users, just a hot potato passed from one manic investor to the other.

@NoBS I have been saying that about crypto and vr and my butt keeps getting deleted. The sky will fall when the great crypto and vr drops come. Sooooooooooooo much money will be lost when the dominant players have their domains rendering the rest obsolete.

•••
•••
Welcome Craig!

Nice domain! Did you hand register it? If so, you make make a profit!

I would let it age some while you learn about the various venues for selling domain names.

Anyway, it a nice name.

Enjoy domaining friend and don't be a stranger.

Best of luck!

•••
•••
Hey Craig,
I'm new to the world of domains myself and still in the learning curve.
If my opinion counts for anything I'll say I've seen worst names sell for whatever reason.
Take all the criticism and learn from it an
keep a positive mindset!
Good luck to you and welcome to NP

•••
Thanks all for the good welcome.

In reply to Silentptnr - Many Thanks I bought if from deleted.coms so didn't pay much for it

•••
•••
Bienvenido y Welcome.

There are also ton’s of daily expired “trending” domains, VR, Drone, Coin, Crypto ones who domainers jumped on the bandwagon, so just be careful about registering too many. Some go for ridiculous prices at auction too. This business is highly speculative and overstocked with inventory. There are many helpful people here so read various niche names history and follow the threads that interest you. Enjoy.

•••
•••
Hello There. Welcome to nP.

As far as ExchangeHive is concerned, I'd say it's a great name. Hold on.

Read up a lot and things related to selling and marketplaces will start gaining more and more clarity.

All the best!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back