Dynadot

Hello! Happy I found this forum

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bashvr

Impact
Hello, my name is Basha and being an advertising copywriter for many years turned multiple website owner, I've been buying up a lot of domains that I think have a lot of great value (all upwards of 2k according to Godaddy appraisals) as I use my knowledge of wordplay to aid in my choices. What I hope to find here is some knowledge in the world of selling domais, what is best auction vs. afternic or sedo, or do you list on them all, do you list on one...should you keep certain domains with the word crypto in them (which I have a few of) and etc. I'll be scowering the forums looking for info, and any tips are welcome too :)

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Basha and welcome to nps! Take plenty of time to read and learn here before investing too much.

•••
•••
Hi basha and welcome.

You point-out that your registrations are 'word-plays' So similar to most of my own, they contain a key word plus one additional appropriate word, Basically a Brandable domain as we like to refer to them here on Namepros.

First of all, these type of domains DO NOT usually sell well at auctions, The best ones tend to have what I would call multiple-user appeal and normally already have multiple site presence on the internet in various guises/uses. Their traffic is normally low but they sell well to end users, usually in the low $x,xxx mark. These type of domains need to be listed at ONE OR ALL, the major reseller sites. But, be prepared to be charged up to 30% Sales commission if you list everywhere. 10 to 15% is the norm for a single site listing. (commissions are taken after a sale)

Contrived domains can work providing they are, eye-catching, memorable and generally short with good relevance to certain markets. If your not sure how well your domains fit, try putting one or two up for appraisal here at NP.

Crypto domains I'm personally not fond of, but I've never held any so I won't comment

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
cartoon-military-general-salute.jpg

•••
•••
I like how many of you have your own independent website that hosts all your domains for sale. I'm going to do the exact same thing!

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back