Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

nibras

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone!

I'm Nibras and from Colombo, Sri Lanka. I've a very strong computing background. I'm very new at domain investing though. I'm a recent graduate and since I started working, I'm considering investing in domains instead of stocks. I already purchased 12mo.net and foulup.com. I intend to keep purchasing.

I've always had interest in domain investing. But, what particularly caught my attention was brains.com. My name's Nibras and since Nibras.com was taken I was choosing between brains.com(anagram of my name) and nibrasweb.com. Unfortunately, I felt that brains.com was too cocky and picked nibrasweb.com. After few months, I thought I might as well keep both and I tried registering brains.com and it was listed 2000$ which I could've bought at reg price.

Anyway, I read the template and found it a bit too long. Plus, I wouldn't be able to answer most anyway.

I came across NamePros while Googling about 1&1, 1$ promo. I found it quite interesting. I registered. I intend to silently observe and maybe snap some free domains for time being.

You can learn all about me on nibrasweb.com. Feel free to hit me up with questions in my area of expertise.

That's it for now but I'd appreciate your input/appraisals on my domains and using 1&1 to reserve domains for resale. I was thinking of buying and transferring out when I've a good offer.

Best Regards,
Nibras.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Hello Nibras :) Welcome to Namepros!

BTW, Brains.com Registered since 1995.

•••
Welcome to this great forum Nibras :)

•••
Hey @nibras let me welcome you to the forum! Unfortunately,
I felt that brains.com was too cocky
.. If I could register brains.com, I sure wouldn't think it was a cocky decision..it a great name to own!

•••
•••
Warm welcome from your neighbouring country India:)

•••
Hello Nibras. Wecome to the forum. :)

•••
Welcome to Namepros, nibras.
After reading your post I feel that you have to learn a lot about domaining. Fortunately for you, you found a right place.

•••
Hi Nibras, welcome to the community!

•••
hi Nibras, welcome to the 'pros community; my advice to you would be that you slow down on the acquisitions and give yourself some time to learn more;you dont have to stop buying altogether but to cut down on the losses you need to have some limits on the cost of learning. Having said that also keep in mind in domaining risk is something you have to live with; you just have to manage the risk. I wish you all the best!

•••
•••
Thank you everyone. The welcome messages are so overwhelming that I have no clue how to thank you all individually.

hi Nibras, welcome to the 'pros community; my advice to you would be that you slow down on the acquisitions and give yourself some time to learn more;you dont have to stop buying altogether but to cut down on the losses you need to have some limits on the cost of learning. Having said that also keep in mind in domaining risk is something you have to live with; you just have to manage the risk. I wish you all the best!
Thanks for the advice. I'm sticking to safer choices like English words and fresh domains ATM.

•••
•••
•••
•••
@nibras welcome to Namepros. Nice to have you buddy. I am from India, your neighbour :)

•••
•••
Hello from London! Unless you are prepared to lose money, you would be better investing in stocks! For domain names I think there is huge potential in the new generic domains.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back