Dynadot

Hello everybody

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

smarti

carpe diemEstablished Member
Impact
hi. I am new to domaining and NamePros and I am very excited to explore new paths. Why domaining? Well, I admit am not totally new to this market, back in year 2k2 I launched my first site offering domain marketplace and I even was not aware of Sedo although located in same city, which sounds unbelievable. Somehow I was not interested in doing business at all, I never did any marketing, etc. so eventually dropped that site and moved on with other things... until today.

Now, after 15+ yrs experience in enterprise software engineering I want to try out something new. So picking up time to pivot in domaining. Since domain names is a limited resource it make sense also to me to own some and to try to make a profit on these. However, not less important reason for me is to understand domainers since my main goal is to build a business which helps domainers and scales for me and I do not want to bring just "another marketplace" to this market, I understand that it is a pain point already for every domainer to keep track of all the marketplaces and to decide where to submit domains for listing and where not.

I do not exactly know yet how to enter this market but I will try to figure out. I am happy to be part of NP - after some weeks here it already feels to be a great community - so I will try to learn as much as possible here about domaining. I am also happy to share my experience in software development (java / web tech) if someone needs help, just ask me in DM.

Happy domaining! :)

p.s. if someone is from Germany - ddf/cgn/bn/ko/ffm area I would be happy to meet for a drink and to share experience

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Hello @FEDOMAIN.com .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

While there seems to be tons of marketplace options all over the place, it certainly always helps to have more options (and competition .. lol). Do you have any initial ideas yet on what unique features you'll be offering?

Also .. Have you restarted buy and sell domains yourself as well? I hope the old ones you let go back in 2002 weren't too good! lol

Good luck on your project and in your future in domaining! :)

•••
•••
•••
thank you @Ategy.com Yes, I have kind of started to sell domains myself too, as I have to understand the market and its needs and of course I want to learn domaining principles and make some revenue. Afair there was no good deal I would have missed if I kept those 2 or 3 domains of that time, who thought ever that NN/NNNN.com would break the ceiling ;) and I was more in technology than in domaining itself.

I do not exactly know yet what unique features I'll be offering, I started to examine the marketplaces and you are right, usually it is a good thing to have strong competition and plenty of options on marketplaces but in domaining having tons of marketplaces feels to me like being a loss for its users... well, I have to gather more experience first and take my lessons ;)

•••
Nice intro (y)

Welcome!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I understand that it is a pain point already for every domainer to keep track of all the marketplaces and to decide where to submit domains for listing and where not.

So true, @FEDOMAIN.com. Nice to have you at NamePros.

•••
•••
Hello and welcome to name pros!

•••
•••
•••
WELCOME! Hope you'll find what you're looking for.

•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back