Domain Empire

discuss Heart Attack ... Nearly

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
Some of the older members of this forum may recall I had a 4N domain stolen about a year or so ago and thankfully Godaddy was able to recover it. Today I went to check on the re-direction I had set up. Strangely it did not re-direct and now resolved to the standard Godaddy page with an expiration notice up top ......WTF ?? ..... I had only renewed this name about four months ago ?? Now this name was still getting inquiry emails via the privacy whois (you can allow this to happen) so I did not think twice about it expiring, it was still getting spam, so all is good. So I thought, after a panic attack when not seeing the domain (and thinking here we go again .. it's been stolen once more) I took a deep breath and rang Godaddy where I was told the domain had indeed expired and was in redemption !! What ! To calm me down the lady at Godaddy said "don't worry we can renew it for you" ..... "oh thank fuck" was my first thought, the second was "how could this happen?" After paying the redemption fee and being told the confirmation email had been sent out I mentioned I could not see it?? The lady assured me it had been sent out to email@email address. I replied "is that the account email address?" to which I was told yes. It was further explained that the recent renewal I had done had failed for some reason? Now here's the thing, the email@email address was from a hosting account that I was no longer using. This is why I did not receive the failed payment email or a confirmation email now that I think of it. Had I come to Namepros one day in the near future and read that someone had purchased the domain from the drops I think I may have truly had a Heart Attack !!!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
So did you secure your domain ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back