IT.COM

advice Having a problem with a Subdomain for Bloggier.com

NameSilo
Watch
And I just want to rule out or confirm a computer problem on my part, so if a few of you could help out, that would be great.

I tried the link on two computers and two operating systems (Chrome and Firefox), and my domain (bloggier.com) leads me to Zales.

My rep tried it and he gets a typical error page for a blank page.

the domains:

www.zales.bloggier.com

zales.bloggier.com

These subdomains are supposed to lead nowhere (like it did for my rep).

(I found this out by accident when I tried setting up a sales subdomain and tapped a z instead of an s.

If a few of you could try these domains and let me know what you get, that would be great. Just let me know what operating system you used (if you feel comfortable with that). You can also PM me, but it's okay to answer here.

By the way, Zales is a well-known U.S. jeweler, so if you do get this page, it should be safe.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
using firefox, both gave me "server not found"

for more examples, you could try them through some free proxies

•••
using firefox, both gave me "server not found"

for more examples, you could try them through some free proxies

Thank you, cdboard.

That's what I want to see.

I'm wondering if this could be an internet provider issue, given that two of my computers showed the Zales redirect.

•••
they might have something helpful set up, where they send the browser to a close match if the typed URL does not exist.

that would help people who make URL typos.

browsers are advanced enough now, that it might be a browser option - to send you to a close-enough URL.

if you want to try something, you could go to http://portableapps.com/apps and download some browsers and try it with those. put those browsers in temporary directories made just for this test. the advantage of trying this is that the portableapps versions will have no browsing history when you set them up. plus you can remove them simply by deleting their directories.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back