Dynadot

Have you sold domains by "email marketing"?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What % of your domain buyers came from you emailing them initially?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I've never sold any domains by any method.

vote
    11.1%
  • I've sold domains, but none (0%) because of emailing.

votes
    22.2%
  • Occasionally, like 20% of the time.

vote
    11.1%
  • Sometimes, like 40% of domains I've sold.

vote
    11.1%
  • Somewhat often, like 60% of my sales I've gotten.

vote
    11.1%
  • Pretty often, like 80% of the completed sales.

votes
    0.0%
  • I make all or almost all sales this way. (100%)

votes
    33.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Have you sold domains by "online/email marketing"?

Also, anyone want to give reasons why it's better to contact people via internet (email) than call them (phone)?

Sending PM's or similar would count as email marketing of course.

Other means of directly contacting an individual person through internet counts.

Posting on a board wouldn't count.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I make all or almost all sales this way. (100%)

•••
•••
Time difference between countries and also a full time job can play a large part in how you contact people.

I tend to send out personalised emails to interested parties, get as close to a deal with anyone who responds by email, and then ring them to finalise the deal and arrangements.

Seems to work OK for me.

DavidH

•••
"I make all or almost all sales this way. (100%)"

To relevant and researched End user's, obviously.

Originally posted by DavidH
Time difference between countries and also a full time job can play a large part in how you contact people.

I tend to send out personalised emails to interested parties, get as close to a deal with anyone who responds by email, and then ring them to finalise the deal and arrangements.

Seems to work OK for me.

DavidH

Agree, and it also reminds me to get back on my "schedule" of e-mailing and contacting some of these fine folks THIS WEEK! I had a general conversation via Messenger about this just this morning ... where the parties agreed that by not constantly contacting potential End user "leads" as part of one's overall domain reselling strategy is, in effect, shooting oneself in the foot, as there are literally a world of opportunites out there if you put in the effort and schedule the time to do so, IMHO.
Good stuff! :)

•••
I chose : I make all or almost all sales this way. (100%) . Although i only did it once, and it was my first time to have sold a domain.

•••
Originally posted by Jeffrey
I chose : I make all or almost all sales this way. (100%) . Although i only did it once, and it was my first time to have sold a domain.

1/1 = 100%. ;)
Good job, Jeffrey ... and keep up the good work!
B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back