Dynadot

discuss Have You Noticed The Drop In Domain Sale Prices?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
its pretty obvious to me but Ive see a drastic drop in domain prices in all tlds

im sure its the financial economy disaster repetition of 2008 but any other factors?

Also I see that more keyword slogan type domains sell more such as >

thedogatemyhomework.kitchen

domainingmaymakeyourich.whatever

amideluded.me

and bizaare domains like the recent sale of sweatcoin dot com just sold for around $15k.

sweatcoin? come on

whats going on??

thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry to interrupt your industry doom party but there is no drop, folks.

The prices are actually higher, especially in the mid-market: $50K to $300K. Many of these transactions are happening in crypto and/or are not being reported, and likely won't be.

Also, a lot more domains are being leased. These too go unreported. Most leases become sales later, especially when dealing with startups that are in the process of closing investment.

Last but not least, people need to understand that 40% of laptop users now use ad-blockers. Odds are very good that your parking lander is being blocked. Epik's free parking landers with SSL are not blocked.

Adjust your strategy:

- Use parking landers that look great on mobile and are not filtered by ad-blocking software.

- List domains with make offer so you get inquiries and then sell or lease as appropriate.

- For brandable names and dictionary words, start your asking price very high, approaching $100K.

- Offer buyers the option to pay in crypto if you think your buyer might be into crypto.

You're welcome.

May I ask:

- what was the highest $-value sale on your platform ?
- what was the highest $-value sale for a crypto-related domain on your platform ?

I don't want to know the domain-name itself, just the $-value.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back